Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Reporting users  (Read 131 times)

Offline RebaReba

• View Profile
Reporting users
« on: 29 July 2020, 04:22:59 AM »
I am getting really tired of users resigning from a game when I am in the middle of a turn that I might win during. 
I am going to start calling them out.  Its happened six times today alone.  I didn't write down the usernames of the first three times but it kept happening so I started keeping track.
These users:

<deleted and moved elsewhere>

resigned during my move when either there was one card left in a supply pile and two were already empty or there was one province left and I had accrued a great deal of money.  ALL of these users were rated higher than me. 

This is bad sportsmanship. 

I am sick of it.

Offline Ingix

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Reporting users
« Reply #1 on: 29 July 2020, 09:42:37 AM »
Hi, I removed the user names from your post but moved them elsewhere, so they are not lost. Due to past reactions from reported users, not having them in public seems the better alternative.

When you say your opponent's resigned on your (likely) last turn, do you mean they used the "resign" button, or do you mean they stopped responding, so your Milita play would take 4 minutes until you can make them resign?

Offline blamelewis

• Trying to get the hang of Thursdays
    • View Profile
Re: Reporting users
« Reply #2 on: 01 August 2020, 04:54:12 PM »
I don't think resigning from a game you're losing is bad sportsmanship at all! Is it bad sportsmanship in Chess matches when a player resigns from a losing position?

If on the other hand you mean *disconnecting* or just leaving the other player hanging until the time-out allows them to force a resignation... well yes - that's bad form.

But otherwise I think you've nothing to object to, except the slight dissatisfaction of not completing the winning turn of the game. I feel that too... but it's certainly not a "reporting" matter like abusive behaviour or slow playing...

I think the resign button's there for a reason, and while it might be frustrating to the other player for their triumphant final turn to be abruptly cut-off in the middle, everyone has a right to resign whenever and for whatever reason they like. It hands the win and rating boost to the other player, so there's nothing to be gained by the resigner... but they might be keen to start a new game rather than wait for a long and complex final turn to "finish them off" - or just have a life to lead and real world things to get on with. Resigning's a perfectly reasonable thing to do in that circumstance...

Best wishes
Tim