Bots and Contraband

Previous topic - Next topic

Garrettwride

When a Contraband card is played, the bot will always name Gold for the card that can't be bought. I feel like the bot should at least name a card that has a cost equal to the amount of money available for buys by the player who played the card. Or maybe it just always manes a victory card or something. Otherwise, contraband becomes a lot more valuable for the person on the right of the bot.

Ingix

Right, the bot's behaviour is very rigid and sometimes downright stupid. This is one case of that "rigid" behavior.

santamonica811

Yes.  The deliberate failure to address some of the worst bot card plays is my most serious gripe with the online game.  (And this is true, I suspect, for many other players.)  I had suggested, more than a year ago, that, at the very least, the game pick Gold until the first Province is bought, and then pick Prov from then on.  Extremely easy to code, but . . . nothing done at all.

I can totally see how this is definitely one of the most difficult cards to code for, as there are dozens of variables that a human player factors in.  But it's idiotic to pick Gold every time.

And another thing I (and others) have been harping on since the game first started.  Why on earth not make the SIMPLE fix to have the box play Bank last, rather than first????  ZERO reason to play Bank first.  Why the absolute refusal to make this super-easy fix?  Code: Play Bank last!  There.  Solved!!!   ;)