Nobody likes me -> I go eat worms

Previous topic - Next topic

Connor84

Hello!
A person I spoke to once on BGA alerted me to this site.  He said that I could do auto-match with "wait for expansions" checked and get a match within a couple minutes.  I have tried this a few nights, and never gotten a game offer.  Names appear and disappear from the queue, but nothing happens.  I see another post says (after hitting the 'i'):

(this is only visible if you have 'advanced' checked and are currently searching)
This box gives you a bit of feedback about the other searching users, and tries to explain to you why you're not in a match with any of those players. If you click on the name of another player, the colors of the searching options will change to reflect this. Green means there is no problem with this option. Red indicates there is a problem you can't solve (but the other player can). Yellow implies there is a problem which you could solve by relaxing your search criteria.

I don't see a box to check that says 'advanced', and clicking on people's names does nothing.  Would love to get into this site and try it with expansions before deciding to get a membership.

Connor84

Next I tried joining "Tables". Each table I join, everyone but the host is 'green' ready. Then without any messages, it looks like I get kicked from the table (often with others). What is happening?  (still haven't played a game on this site with human players  ><  )

Ingix

The main things you need to do is set the number of players to 2P (or at least include 2P) and the method to include rated games. The following would be good options for 2-player games to find a playing partner that has some expansions.

Tables are usually done by players who wait for specific opponents (say their friends or familiy members) to play.

Another factor that may affect your success is the playing time. American evenings are AFAIK best, followed by (guessing) European evenings.

Connor84

It looks like part of your post got cut off.  The options you showed are the ones I chose each time already, except the menagerie, and I have tried both 2p and "2p or 3p".