Can't connect via hotspot

Previous topic - Next topic

exfret

My wifi doesn't work, so I am trying to connect via hotspot and I get the error that "server connection was closed or could not be established". I can connect on my phone just fine and have checked the relevant ports. Please help!

Ingix

Are you playing on a tablet or a Laptop/Pc? And I assume the hotspot is provided by your phone, correct?

exfret

I'm playing on laptop (mac). and yes, my hotspot is via my phone (iPhone)

Ingix

Can you open the developer console and see what specific error message it gives?

It's Command+Option+K for Firefox, Command+Option+J for Chrome and Command+Option+C for Safari.

Also, which iOS version do you have? Apparently the beta version for the next one may have problems.

exfret

WebSocket connection to 'wss://metaserver-new.dominion-online.com/'; failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

And I have a quite old iOS, so that shouldn't be the problem

Ingix

Thanks for the info.

The invalid certificate date error has come up a few times, but I'm at a total loss to understand why this would be dependend on the hotspot connection. The certificate was invalid (time was over) around last Christmas, and then everybody had the error message.

I've to say I'm at a loss to find anything more to do than suggesting trying another browser, but it may not work  :-[

exfret

I've been having the invalid certificate problem with other sites, too, at least, but it would allow me to connect. So it seems this is a problem on my end.