Possibility to look at discarded pile and to count discard pile cards

Previous topic - Next topic

Bosco

Hello everyone,
I don't know if this request has been asked before.

In the boardgame rules it is written that:

you can look at the discarded pile and count the number of cards wherever they are.

It would be very useful to have those features in the online game, because it would give more strategic choices.

One above all: Gardens. You can now for sure if that extra card will be the 30th and give you the extra points you really wanted at the end of the game.

Thank you,
Marco :)

Ingix

Hi Marco,

if you can find the source of the quote, that would be nice, because the second edition base rules say at the start of page 9 under "Additional rules":

QuoteYou can count the number of cards in your deck at any time (without looking at the card fronts), but cannot look through or count your discard pile or another player's deck or discard pile.

(Emphasis mine)

The first edition rulebook says essentially the same thing (with other words), so this isn't a change, it has always been this way. That's why this isn't implemented in the game.

Bosco

Quote from: Ingix on 30 September 2020, 06:51:41 PM
Hi Marco,

if you can find the source of the quote, that would be nice, because the second edition base rules say at the start of page 9 under "Additional rules":

QuoteYou can count the number of cards in your deck at any time (without looking at the card fronts), but cannot look through or count your discard pile or another player's deck or discard pile.

(Emphasis mine)

The first edition rulebook says essentially the same thing (with other words), so this isn't a change, it has always been this way. That's why this isn't implemented in the game.

Hi Ingix,
I have read it wrong, thanks for your answer!

Have a nice day,
Marco.