Is there somwhere to report players?

Previous topic - Next topic

jms935

A player in my game right now is playing one card at a time as slow as possible because he is losing and because he tried to undo after using +1 coin and +1 card on a pawn and then drawing an action card and I did not allow it.

Ingix

We are using a Google form for that:

https://tinyurl.com/dominion-abuse

The reports can only be seen by a few mods, and it helps keeping all the information in one place. You need to enter a few pieces of information (like involved players and a game ID), then describe what happeneded (like you did here).

We discourage players posting the reports publicly (like here), because in the past there were a few cases of backlash from the reported on players to the players that made the reports.

Please use the above link to report the incident with more detail (like who your opponent was).

Thanks,
Ingix

santamonica811

Any way to put a sticky on this?  (Or to put the link in 2 or 3 places in the fora here--keeping it at/near the top via sticky--so that the included link is really easy to find).

Ingix

Excellent idea, I just made the post sticky.

mrfiat

A link in the Dominion game itself would be ideal.  It could pre-fill in most of the info for us.

bartacus

If you feel wronged by another Dominion player, don't hesitate to call your local police.

Quori

I have reported numerous players and never gotten a single follow up or response back about what happened. Is this merely a fruitless effort and a black hole? Does this team actually take any action or am I wasting my time?

jsh

Quote from: Quori on 29 May 2021, 11:23:19 PM
I have reported numerous players and never gotten a single follow up or response back about what happened. Is this merely a fruitless effort and a black hole? Does this team actually take any action or am I wasting my time?

They do get read and sometimes discussed on the internal discord. Ingix does all the banning these days and he seems to stay on top of things for the most part.

Ingix

The main thing I use the "contact information" for is to get additional information like screenshots if the reporting player mentions they have made some, or ask for clarification if the player didn't post the chat log (when it comes to toxic languge, for example). Usually I'd say it happens for 1% of reports.

sudhish86

the two followup sources are discard and here(?)

does that mean if i get a reply it would be in my messages here, if i choose "forum"?

Ingix

It's "Discord", not "discard" ;)

If you give your username from the forum in the report (because I'm only trying the exact same username as the in-game name, and I know even there are mismatches), then I'll contact you via direct forum message. You can have those directed to your registration email address in your forum profile settings, or you'll get informed of them when you next visit the forum logged in.

skillwinlucklose

I can't figure out how to post the chat log. I can only highlight it. how do I copy it?

Ingix

On a Windows PC, that's "CTRL-C" for copying, then "CRTRL-V" for pasting it into the report.

On a Mac, its "COMMAND-C" and "COMMAND-V", resp.

For phones/tablets, I have no idea how that works (maybe someone that uses them could help).

resist

This continued whining is hilarious.

santamonica811

Resist,
I see several posts in this thread, but it all seemed to have ended in March 2022.  Then, MORE THAN AN ENTIRE YEAR LATER, you posted to observe about the continued whining.  I do not think "continued" means what you think it means. [Hat tip: "The Princess Bride"]