Black Cat/Undo issue

Previous topic - Next topic

newbiemn

In game #57884104 around turn 11 or so, MrSplashyPants played a black cat and somehow it played twice, we were unable to determine how that happened and we clicked undo. It went back about 22 steps.

We were unable to recreate the same scenario and Stitch 624 could not recall how she got through her turn that caused him to play the black cat.

Question 1: Are you able to see issues that happen prior to an undo in your bug review or does undo wipe out pertinent bug information.

Question 2: Is there a bug that causes Black Cat to trigger twice?

Last Question: Is there a bug that causes undo to go back more than one step?

Thank you.

Ingix

Thanks for the report, newbiemn! There is no known bug with Black Cat as you described.

1) No, anything that an undo command "undoes" is not preserved in the log.
2) You are the first to report this.
3) It is known that the game sometimes says an undo is for a big amount of steps when it should be only one or a few. The reason is unknown, and likely something else went (slightly) wrong before.

In respect to 3, can you remember roughly how far back the undo went? An "undo" goes back to the last decision the player who requested the undo made. If  Stitch 624 asked for the undo, it should have gone right back before she bought the Province. If MrSplashyPants  asked, it should have gone back to the point where they decided if they want to play the Black Cat. For the other players, it should have been to the last decision they made, and lookign at the log, that would be the last thing they did on their respective turns.

newbiemn

Thank you for the information.

MrSplashyPants did request the undo after his Black Cat triggered twice. When Stich624 bought a province the first time, he played it then and it hit twice for some reason. However the original turn she had played several more cards combos and had more coins available prior to the undo (though she only had 1 buy). She could not remember the entire combo the second time around but was able to get up to enough for the Province.

After her Province buy and the Black Cat hitting twice, we granted the undo and I believe it went back to MrSplashyPants turn just prior to Stitch624's turn when she originally bought the province. So 1 turn, but many steps. We expected it to just undo his playing Black Cat.

I'm wondering if there was a combo of cards Stitch624 played that triggered a potential Black Cat bug and that triggered an undo bug. As for her combo of cards, all I can recall is that she played a lot of cards originally and had a lot of coins leftover. 

Nevvy1

Could they have draw a second black cat? I suspect it is a bug and was searching the card to see if it's been reported when I found this. If they had a second black cat that they drew off the first and simply clicked through playing it it might have gone unnoticed?

It doesn't seem to me the card should allow you to play a freshly drawn cat that wasn't in your hand when the victory card was gained, but it does.

Ingix

Quote from: Nevvy1 on 14 November 2020, 11:21:26 PM
It doesn't seem to me the card should allow you to play a freshly drawn cat that wasn't in your hand when the victory card was gained, but it does.

That does go against some players' intuition, but remember that Dominion is a real life game. In many cases there is no way to tell for an opponent if a player started with 2 Black Cards in hand already, or drew one from the first.