Not a bug: Ghost, Outpost, and maybe also Captain

Previous topic - Next topic

AdamH

Game 58393727, turn 11

Going into T11 I had a Ghost in play, which found a Captain. At the start of T11 I play two Captains just like I should.

During T11 I play another Captain and then an Outpost. Still fine.

At the start of my T11 Outpost turn, the Ghost and Captain are still in play, and for some reason I'm playing three Captains at the start of this turn. It appears that the Ghost is playing its Captain at the start of both regular T11 and Outpost T11.

AdamH

It happened again that same game but in a different way -- I played the Ghost on normal T12, also an Outpost. T12 Outpost was normal, and now the Ghost and Captain are still there on my regular T13, being played at the start of my turn.

Ingix

Remember that Ghost is both a Duration card and a "Throne Room"-like card. That means the time it stays in plays is governed by the rules for both card types. Since Ghost played a Duration card (Captain) in your two examples, it will stay in play as long as the Captain stays in play, which is one turn longer than it normally would, when it plays a "simple" card like Smithy that unconditionally gets discarded during Cleanup.

On turn 11 you played three times a card named Captain. Twice it was the same card, the Captain set aside last turn and then played by Ghost, once it was the Captain you played from your hand. So on your next turn (Outpost turn), you got 3 Captain "next turn" effects. This seems OK to me.

The Ghost played the Captain twice on your Outpost T12 turn. As explained initially, this makes the Ghost and Captain stay out for your normal T13 turn. And since the Captain was played during your Outpost T12 turn, it of course has its "next turn" effect in your normal T13 turn.

I think you got confused by the presence of the Ghost and assumed it would play the Captain again, when what you saw was the "next turn" effect of Captain, which is of course the same as its "this turn" effectt.