Why banned, and can I get a refund?

Previous topic - Next topic

4chancellor

Was it because I resign a lot of games that I am going to win?
I like ending the game so I can play the next, and I also like keeping my score low so I catch better players off guard.
If its not this, what was it?
Still got a week worth of premium and this is BS, considering I never got a warning or anything.

Ingix

You were banned because in two reported incidents you used offensive sexist language.

4chancellor

What offensive sexist language? :o
Be specific. Just because I do a Stephen Colbert standup routine, doesnt mean I'm serious.
Its self deprecating humour, and if someone took it the wrong way I would absolutely apologize and assure them that I believe Women and Men are exactly equal.
To whit:
Why no warning?
And can I do anything about it? Can I apologize?

Ingix

You can learn that calling players sexist names is not acceptable, no matter how you yourself name that behaviour. Calling yourself something may be self depreciating humor. Calling somebody else that is just abusive behavior.

4chancellor

I used the word
"Fembot" / "Femoid"
That's it. I know for a fact I have only used goofy and nonsensical terms, which is why you are being vague.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
But why did you not give a warning?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
And I want a refund because if I knew something was up, I would have just stopped and reached out and apologized.

kieranmillar

Quote from: 4chancellor on 01 November 2020, 01:27:14 AM
I used the word
"Fembot" / "Femoid"
These words treat women like they aren't people, and you only ever find them in grossly mysogynistic online subcultures like incels. If you think these words aren't offensive slurs, you need to reevaluate where you hang out online and take a hard look at the culture they perpetuate. These are not goofy joke terms. If you went to a real life boardgame meetup and used these terms, you would get banned and asked to not return pretty much immediately.