Couldn't dislike player because I never saw the endgame screen

Previous topic - Next topic

Qaanol

I just finished a game where my opponent started by stalling, then played slowly, then spoke disrespectfully, before they finally resigned.

That's all well and good, and I was intending to dislike the player at the endgame screen.

But when the game ended and I clicked the okay button that usually takes me to the endgame screen, I was instead returned directly to the main menu.

I never saw the endgame screen.

This meant I could not dislike the player directly from the endgame screen, I couldn't see the player's name anymore to enter it manually in my blacklist, and I couldn't find the game id number either.

I don't know what caused this situation, but I find it problematic that I was unable to view the endgame screen after the game ended.

I would like to request that every player should always get to see the endgame screen for games they play.

Ingix

Every player always is supposed to see the endgame screen. If that didn't happen, that is a bug.

Note that since some time, you can blacklist a player (or spectator) already during the game:

First click on the "3 meeples" picture below to get a list of all players and spectators, with the current "standing" between you and that person. Ingix and Ingx2 are each others friend, so the heart icon is big and filled on both sides.

If you want to blacklist a person right now during the game, you can click the lightning symbol to do that immediately. If it's a spectator, they are kicked from the table. If it's a player, their chat is muted. Of course, you can also add somebody to your friend list, by clicking on the heart icon.

Qaanol

Quote from: Ingix on 04 November 2020, 01:43:54 PM
Every player always is supposed to see the endgame screen. If that didn't happen, that is a bug.

What's the best place to report such a bug? I've actually had it happen a few times over the past several months.

Quote from: Ingix on 04 November 2020, 01:43:54 PM
Note that since some time, you can blacklist a player (or spectator) already during the game:

[...]

If you want to blacklist a person right now during the game, you can click the lightning symbol to do that immediately. If it's a spectator, they are kicked from the table. If it's a player, their chat is muted. Of course, you can also add somebody to your friend list, by clicking on the heart icon.

Oh nice, thanks!

Ingix

Well, you just did report it. Usually the missing end screen can happen when one of the servers needs to be restarted. It shouldn't happen, and since server restarts are rare, it's hard to find the bug  :(