Request for: Steam client

Previous topic - Next topic

pardo2k

Hello,

I believe the game would attract a larger player base if it were on Steam.

A Steam version or a standalone version would also probably allow you to implement some nice features like: better animations, fuller player profiles, avatars, in-game tournaments, campaign mode, cosmetics, etc.

Seeing as Dominion is one of the most popular card/board games, I think there would be a market for a Steam version, and potentially some pretty good money to be made! The art assets are already completed, so it would be a matter of adapting what you have and expanding upon it. Myself and a few friends would be very happy to spend a lot buying a Steam version.

Thanks for considering.

Ingix

I would agree with you that many more people would be exposed to Dominion Online's existence if it was present on Steam.

The main problem (from my limited view) is that redoing the entire client is not a simple task. And all the things you mention (player profiles, avatars, tournaments, campaings) are nothing that explicitely require a standalone version.

In addition, you can now play the game on basically any internet connected platform with recent browsers (some caveats on mobile). Any client likely means a reduction to Windows/MacOS/Linux at first and then maybe Android/iOS Versions later (though I understand a different mobile version is in development).

Let's not forget this is mostly a one-person operation, with helping hands in different areas (like me).

pardo2k

I appreciate the web version of Dominion, especially since it's made by one person. But a Steam version would expose the game to way more people, and it would be in the interest of both Rio Grande and the player community to see a version with more features. According to Wikipedia, "By 2016, more than 2.5 million copies of Dominion and its many expansions had been sold worldwide". With a game so popular, with potentially millions of player worldwide (or at least hundreds of thosuands), why not make a full-blooded Steam version? It seems like a huge missed opportunity!