What Happened to 12 Month Subscription?

Previous topic - Next topic

splatteredbits

I just purchased a 9 month subscription. However, I expected and wanted a 12 month subscription but it wasn't an option. I tried on my iPad a laptop.  I've seen it before in the store and am curious what happened to it.

Ingix

The license (this might not be the correct legal term) for Shuffle iT to make and operate a Dominion program goes until the end of 2021 (IIRC it was initially until end of 2019 and then got extended for 2 more years).

That means a 12 sub month starting today (January 1st, 2021) would reach into a time when it isn't sure if Shuffle iT can provide the program. So it only allows subscriptions that end before that time. In 3 month the 9 month subscription option will vanisch, a.s.o.

If the license is extended again, the longer subs will apear again.

CuriousMind

I guess I don't really need to worry about this for 9 months or so, but for those of us whose subscription ends during December, what will we do about the remainder of the year if the rights aren't renewed by then?

Also, do you have a sense of how likely it is that the rights will be extended? You guys have put a lot of work into this (as a developer myself, I have at least an inkling of what's gone into it) and it would be a shame to see it all go away.

Ingix

I assume that it will be clear long enough before that time. If not, then

a) at end of November you can buy a 1-month sub, which will cost you just for the number of days after your then-current subscription runs out, and /or

b) an "until Dec 31st, midnight" option might pop up (pure speculation).

I have no idea if there are talks about prolonging already, or what their status is (if any). So it makes no sense to speculate for me (I'm doing community work and don't know anything about the business side). The only thing I know is that last time (when the first time period ran until end of 2019), it was announced in the middle of the year that it would continue for 2 more years.

jsh

For what it's worth, they have already gotten renewed once already and there don't seem to have been any fiascos this year. Pretty good odds on another renewal.