Deleting names on Friends list

Previous topic - Next topic

msp0425

Is there a way to delete names off of your Friends list, instead of just un-friending them?

Ingix

Not reallly, because that is what the list is for, listing whom you follow and who follows you.

Can you describe why you want to do that, so I can possibly suggest an alternative way? For example, it might be someone that you used to play often with, but that isn't true anymore. Or someone who actually turned from a friend into someone that made a nasty remark, or something similar.

dane

I can't speak for msp0425, but I can give some reasons why I'd like to delete names from my list:

• When I first started playing here, I accepted various friend requests from other players.  Subsequently some of those players seem to have stopped playing here, so they just clutter up the list even though I've unfriended them.
  • Eventually I came to realise that being someone's friend was a pointless exercise for me, given that I always start games through Matching.  If there were a 'Prefer friends' or 'Wait for friends' options there, I'd have a use for my list of friends, but there isn't, so I don't.  Therefore I no longer accept any befriend requests, so have 25 or so requests that I've ignored.  If at some stage in the future any change to Matching were to be made that provided useful friend functionality, I'd like to be able to clear all these requests from the list so that I could spot any new requests and decide whether to accept them.
  • In such a situation I would want to be able to eliminate from the list anyone whose request that I didn't want to accept.

Ingix

Thanks for the explanation, dane! Makes sense that if you have too many unreprocicated friend requests for you, the list clutters.