Unable to purchase subscription: IP issue?

Previous topic - Next topic

elephunkle

I'm trying to purchase a subscription but keep running into the same issue.

On the last step there's a drop-down to choose a country. When I select UK (where I am), I'm told the IP address doesn't match and it thinks I'm in Greece for some reason?

I'm not using a VPN at this point.

When I then turned my VPN on and selected 'UK', it thought I was in Germany. When I then selected Germany in my VPN it worked fine and I could proceed if I wanted to.

1) Why doesn't 'UK' work
2) How can I make it work
3) Would there be any issues if I were to use a VPN to set myself in a different country for purchasing purposes?

Ingix

The problem is that EU regulations (which you are no longer subject to, but hear me out) require that a buyer's location (country) is determined by at least 2 independent methods (to assign the correct VAT rate).

In Dominion Online's case, the first method is some geolocation software that maps your IP to a country and the second method is you answering the question.

In your case (and some others), the geolocation software is giving the wrong result for unknown reasons :(

Since the geolocation software thinks you are in the EU in oth cases, it wants you to confirm it. Now you can choose if you want to buy "out of Greek" or "out of Germany".

Rabid

Now that Brexit is finished.
Should you not select "non-EU" from the list?
For me this give error message "The country you selected does not match your IP address GB"

Ingix

Yes, the check should be changed to not count GB as EU anymore.