Re: Known interface problems

Previous topic - Next topic

ubis

Hello. I just created a profile on this forum. I am trying to get some help to figure out how to play Dominion on dominion.games. I have tried in both IE and Chrome to launch the program. On each browser, I get the message "Server connection was closed or could not be established." Any instructions you can provide to help me to play would be much appreciated.

Ingix

That usually indicates a connection problem that can be on your end, in between or the server end.

Start Chrome, then hit the "F12"-key. That should open the developer console. Navigate to "dominion.games" and press ENTER. In the console should now come up messages (normally just a few showing that everything works) but in your case it should produce some error messages (in red). If you can copy those messages into a response, that would help.

ubis

Thank you for the response. Attached are some screenshots. Note that this is my work computer so I wonder if there is something blocking it. Appreciate your help.

Ingix

Your computer doesn't seem to accept the certificate authority, basically some company that verifies (or at least is supposed to) that if someone has a computer that claims to be "dominion.games", that they actually are run by the persons that registered that domain name. Of course, your computer has to trust them, so many of them are built into browsers.

But maybe those were changed/removed on your work computer, or otherwise disabled.

I'm sorry that I don't have better news, but it looks like this might not work permanently from that computer.