Throne Room + 3 Treasure Map

Previous topic - Next topic

barrtender

Reproduction on game with log "Joining game #68772477 on frankfurt"

TL;DR - I played a Throne Room with 3 Treasure Maps and only got 4 gold.
The rules say I should have 8.
https://boardgames.stackexchange.com/questions/1996/dominion-what-happens-when-i-play-throne-room-on-a-feast-since-feast-gets-trash

Setup:
Have Throne Room (Room) and 3 Treasure Maps (Map) in hand.
Use Room, select Map.

Expected:
One Map goes down next to the Room.
First Map goes off,
-> One Map from hand is trashed, 4 golds added to deck.
Second Map goes off,
Now I have 8 golds on top of my deck.

Actual:
One Map goes down next to the Room.
First Map goes off,
Second Map goes off,
-> One Map from hand is trashed
Now I have 4 golds on top of my deck.

Ingix

What happened is correct behavior.

Note Treasure Map's text (with my ephasis):

QuoteTrash this and a Treasure Map from your hand. If you trashed two Treasure Maps, gain 4 Golds onto your deck.

On the second playing of the Treasure Map, you didn't trash 2 Treasure Maps, you only trashed one from your hand. The one you played was already in the trash from the first playing.

The difference to the Throne Room + Feast scenario you linked to is that Feast has no causal relationship between the trashing and the gain. The bold part shows that this is different for Treasure Map.

This is mentioned in the answer by Pat Ludwig there, who quotes:

QuoteGaining the card isn't contingent on trashing Feast; they're just two things that the card tries to make you do.

For Treasure Map, as the bolded text shows, gaining the Golds is contingent on both Treasure Maps being trashed.

barrtender

Interesting! I guess I missed the additional rules on Treasure Map when I was trying to figure out what happened.

Searching around more it looks like this is explicitly called it in the rulebook:

https://dominioncg.fandom.com/wiki/Treasure_Map

Thanks for the reply :)

Now I'll go back to doing other stupid things that don't work like Prince-ing a Prince.