How Can I See if Someone Who is not a Friend is Online

Previous topic - Next topic

leafyscreen

Is there a way to find someone online who is not a friend?

I know someone who plays but we have not been able to friend each other yet. I want to find them if they are online playing. Is there a way to do that?

I have tried looking at "tables" changing the various options, but have not been successful. I have also found if I click "Host" to sort them alphabetically, I can only see about 30 or so and can scroll no further than that. It gets me no further than the beginning of the sort order which at most has been into the "A"s.

Ingix

Declaring someone (whose online name you know) as a friend is something you can do, without they needing to do anything. In the game's lobby, click on the tab "Friend list", then add the online name of the person in the text field, then click the "Add" button next to it. Because it's a one-way declaration, sometimes this is called "following" that person. I do that personally for a few top players who I do not know personally, but I can then easily find them if they play and I get to (hopefully) see some good Dominion and learn something.

"Follwoing" that person allows you to see them in the "Matching" tab in the right side, in the "Friends" pane. If they are just logged in, this is shown, but you can't contact them. If they are at a table, playing or spectating, you can join them and (usually) talk to them via chat. But remember that they play and might not like the distraction. I usually wait until game end in this case to contact someone.