Pre-selecting discards for 3-6 player games

Previous topic - Next topic

themaninorange

I recently played a 4-player game with Goons.  As you would expect, most turns, in addition to waiting for the turn player, there was an entire round of people selecting cards to discard.  This added a huge amount of time to the game.

It would be nice if there were an option to pre-select cards to discard if it becomes relevant.  The cards would still be discarded in the correct turn order, and there wouldn't be a requirement to preselect, in case someone really wanted to see what other people discarded first.  But I think that having this option would go a long way for making 3+ player games go faster.

Bonus points if we can make this selection before the card is even played, so that it will speed up 2-player games as well.

Ingix

Thanks, that sounds like a good idea. I'm not totally understanding the "pre-played" version, but the "normal one" sounds like it could speed up multiplayer games with discard attacks.

themaninorange

Thanks for the quick response!  I'll try to explain the second part better.

Right now, after drawing up at the end our turn, our hand looks like this:

|_|_|_|_|_|

If there were a way for me to preselect cards that I *would* discard if I had to:

|_|_|D|D|_|

Then once a militia or Goons is played, my opponent wouldn't have to wait for me to choose.  If my selection depends on what my opponent does, or I want to wait for some other reason, I wouldn't preselect, and I would be prompted as normal, but most of the time, my choice of discard is completely independent of my opponent's other turn actions.