GG ettiquete

Previous topic - Next topic

cognomon

Sometimes during a game I write a simple gg.  I think it's appropriate in these circumstances:
A) After I have won
B) On the opponent's turn when it seems a win is inevitable.

Sometimes I resign, sometimes I don't. It depends on the game.

Recently I have had two separate players say that gg should be followed by a resignation.  Sometimes I resign afterwards, sometimes I don't, depending on how likely the loss is.  One player was abusive and accused me of trying to trick him when he didn't finish the game that round.  Thoughts?

dane

I've had players prematurely congratulate me on a win.  I certainly didn't consider it bad behaviour by them, merely a failure to understand how much rubbish there was in my deck and hence just how many cards I had to draw to be able to afford the last province!  I've possibly made the same mistake myself once or twice myself, though usually once I've typed 'wp' or 'gg' I wait until the player really has won before I send the comment.

Quori

there is literally no hard and fast rule on when you choose to say gg. say it when you want, say it or don't reply to it or don't.

People need to get over themselves.

jkommelb

Quote from: cognomon on 04 June 2021, 01:41:12 AM
Sometimes during a game I write a simple gg.  I think it's appropriate in these circumstances:
A) After I have won
B) On the opponent's turn when it seems a win is inevitable.

Sometimes I resign, sometimes I don't. It depends on the game.

Recently I have had two separate players say that gg should be followed by a resignation.  Sometimes I resign afterwards, sometimes I don't, depending on how likely the loss is.  One player was abusive and accused me of trying to trick him when he didn't finish the game that round.  Thoughts?

Could be worse.  One guy once told me I was being rude because I said "gg" after I won what was, in fact, a good game.  When I explained that I was just trying to be polite, he gave me crap.

bartacus

The last thing I ever want to do while playing Dominion is chat with the other player.

theWalrus

On more than one occasion, I've had someone GG me, only to cause me to pause and look over the board and see a win that I had overlooked.

Anyway, saying GG does not trigger a mandatory resignation on your part.