Forced to resign while making an undo request?

Previous topic - Next topic

EntropySpark

I recently had a game in which I made an undo request. My opponent eventually asked what it was for, and I explained. This discussion went on long enough that apparently they were able to force my resignation. I had expected that this time would be my opponent's and not mine, similar to if I was waiting for them to react to one of my cards. As the game is in a state in which either of us could do something (I could cancel, my opponent could grant or decline), couldn't the timer be paused?

Ingix

Thanks for the report, EntropySpark!

That behaviour is intendend. If responding to an undo request was counting towards the responder's time, it would allow a malicious player to repeat such a request again and again and indefinitely stall a game, each time resetting their own time limit. A paused timer is not really much better, as it would force the responder to click again and again on "Deny" in such a case, until the 4 min are over.

From your description it looks like your opponent knew that and actively exploited you not knowing this, which is obviously unsporting conduct. If you remember the game number and/or the opponent's name, I suggest you make a report here:

https://tinyurl.com/dominion-abuse

Then we can see if a player does that repeately and take actions.