Autoplay of princed walled village

Previous topic - Next topic

Lotoreo

Hi,

Can you remove the auto play option from walled villages that are princed?
I just lost my princed village, because I had no other cards to play that turn, and forgot I had autoplay on.
So in those cases, I would just still ask the player whether they want to top deck, even if they have auto play ;)

Cheers,
Lotoreo

artsfols

Quote from: Lotoreo on 11 January 2021, 04:58:48 PM
Hi,

Can you remove the auto play option from walled villages that are princed?
I just lost my princed village, because I had no other cards to play that turn, and forgot I had autoplay on.
So in those cases, I would just still ask the player whether they want to top deck, even if they have auto play ;)

Cheers,
Lotoreo

I was burned on this today.  I never use autoplay, and I lost two princed walled villages.  It doesn't return them to the deck either.
I've found Prince to be very unreliable - i.e. duration cards also.

Ingix

Duration cards generally don't mix well with Prince. By design they will no longer be played by Prince once they have failed to be discarded on a turn they are played (which is what most Duration cards do). This makes Princing them often a "once or twice" effect instead of "each turn". Exceptions are Duration cards that can be made to be discarded each turn, like not setting anything aside with Gear, or not putting a gained card onto Cargo Ship.

But of course the Prince + Walled Village problem is actually bad.

santamonica811

Ingix,
I've never used the Autoplay function.  But one that I definitely would use is something to the effect of "Always act to maintain Princed cards."  If you click on that, then the game would know to NOT act in a way that would have the effect of losing the Princing effect.

It's one of those problems that never happens in IRL games, but can crop up once computers get involved.

Ingix

That problem is a long-standing one, and it isn't confinded to Walled Village. The other "often" happening problem is with Border Guard and Horn, which isn't (on the UI side) and autoplay. I fear we'll have to live with that some more time.