Question about nature of deleted account

Previous topic - Next topic

sray070

I had requested my dominion.games account named "sray070" be deleted. I then went to create a new account by the same name "sray070", but was unable to and received a "This username already exists" prompt. I then tried to log into "sray070" but was unable to and received an "Internal error." prompt, which suggests the account was indeed deleted, but perhaps only partially so.

Would it be possible to more fully delete "sray070" so that I can create a new account with the same name?

Thank you very much for your help!

Ingix

Make a new account with any name, then message me with both names and I'll swap the names. Generally we don't want old names being retaken, as that may lead to confusion for other players that knew the old person behind a name. But if it's the same player, this is not a problem.

sray070

Sounds good! The new account is "sray070_old". Please swap with "sray070".

Ingix

santamonica811

I *have* to ask:  When you made your NEW account; why did you decide to name it sray070_OLD".

Why not name it stray070_NEW???  (Or, of course, stray070_placeholder or stray070_temp, etc etc)

(It's things like this that keep me up at night.)  ;D

sray070

@Ingix
Thank you very much

@josh bornstein
I appreciate the question. Basically, I wanted to restart sray070 from a blank slate, meaning no games played.

Before the name swap, the originally created sray070 had a non-blank slate and the newly created sray070_old had a blank slate. After the name swap, sray070 got the blank slate and sray070_old got the non-blank slate. By naming the newly created account with _old at the end, the name faithfully conveys that its account now contains the history of games that I wanted the originally created sray070 account to be free of.