play base game after buying expansions

Previous topic - Next topic

shaned23

After I bought the expansions, I can't do an automatch without playing them it seems. Expansions just says Yes but I just want to play the base games for now and roll out the Expansions with friends. Help please

Ingix

Unfortunately that's not possible at the moment. A feature like this (even more general) is in thr works. I'm sorry there isn't better news  :-[

santamonica811

Ingix,
Can one go into settings and deselect (or blacklist, or exclude, or whatever it's called) any number of cards?  If there is no limit to the number of such cards, then it should be easy for this person to exclude everything that is not in the Base set, right?  (Although maybe a bit labor intensive.)  Or am I not understanding this aspect of adjustable settings? (I've never tried to "forbid" any cards, so I'm prepared to be totally wrong about this.)  But I thought that was the whole point of the "Familiar Cards" tab that's at the top of the first post-log-in screen, and I thought I remember even seeing a way to easily and quickly exclude entire expansion sets while doing this.

Ingix

The like/dislike/banned lists are relatively short (only 5 "portrait" cards and 3 landscape cards).

Familiar cards was the feature that was initially thought to help players into the game. But since it is unused in rated games, and unrated automatch games have turned out to be unpopular, this isn't much use.

The new feature (previewed some time ago) will allow several levels of card complexity, with 0 being the base game only.