Best 2 of 3 button

Previous topic - Next topic

artsfols

It's often fun to play best 2 of 3, although if you don't ask for a rematch quickly, the opponent is gone before you can ask.

How about adding a button after you've played a game where you would select 'rematch' or 'best 2 of 3'?

There are different ways this could be implemented, but I believe it's best to make the evaluation after you've already played one game.

A slick way to program this would be for the button to normally say 'Request rematch' but if you'd already split 2 games evenly, the label changes to 'Best 2 of 3?'

I bet someone could program this in a couple of hours.  Easy-peasy and would add a fun dimension.

artsfols

Quote from: artsfols on 28 September 2021, 12:31:37 AM
It's often fun to play best 2 of 3, although if you don't ask for a rematch quickly, the opponent is gone before you can ask.

How about adding a button after you've played a game where you would select 'rematch' or 'best 2 of 3'?

There are different ways this could be implemented, but I believe it's best to make the evaluation after you've already played one game.

A slick way to program this would be for the button to normally say 'Request rematch' but if you'd already split 2 games evenly, the label changes to 'Best 2 of 3?'

I bet someone could program this in a couple of hours.  Easy-peasy and would add a fun dimension.

An even easier way to implement this -

If you just finished a game, and the opponent is still around, just the 'Ready' buttons is labelled  'Rematch' or 'Best 2 of 3' as the case may be.
This will provide an additional inducement to play the same opponent again.