What are 'friends' for?

Previous topic - Next topic

artsfols

Over time I've added a number of friends from those I have played against.

But so what?  This isn't Facebook.  What am I missing?  There must be something to this feature that I'm not getting.

Ingix

When you go to the "Matching" tab (the one you land on automatically after login), on the right side you have a pane named "Friends". Everyone you have declared your friend (when it is a one-side relationship, this is often called "following" that player) and is logged in will be listed there, with their status (logged in, at a table, playing).

When they are on a table, you can join them there via a button. This is the way most people set up their games when they want to play with someone they know: One makes a table, the other joins it. That's also the way most people watch high profile games (from the Dominion League or other tournaments). You declare a good or interesting player as your friend (it doesn't have to be reciprocated), then join their table and watch the game(s) they play.

artsfols

Quote from: Ingix on 28 September 2021, 08:11:29 AM
When you go to the "Matching" tab (the one you land on automatically after login), on the right side you have a pane named "Friends". Everyone you have declared your friend (when it is a one-side relationship, this is often called "following" that player) and is logged in will be listed there, with their status (logged in, at a table, playing).

When they are on a table, you can join them there via a button. This is the way most people set up their games when they want to play with someone they know: One makes a table, the other joins it. That's also the way most people watch high profile games (from the Dominion League or other tournaments). You declare a good or interesting player as your friend (it doesn't have to be reciprocated), then join their table and watch the game(s) they play.

Thanks, I will give that a whirl.

vail62

Quote from: Ingix on 28 September 2021, 08:11:29 AM

Helpful to know. I have a dozen or so friends that hop on my tables often, but didn't know that's how they found me.