Can't click "Ready" on an iPad

Previous topic - Next topic

eliasZ

I think dominion.games is awesome overall, but there is one thing making it almost unusable for some people: on an iPad, under "Tables, the "Ready" button is off the screen, and it doesn't (easily) let me scroll so the button is visible. I have been able to make it show briefly and click it by spending a lot of time zooming, pinching, switching from portrait to landscape, etc. But that is annoying for me, and impossible to explain to my interested but relatively tech-unsavvy parents who would like to join me.

Can it be fixed? Or does anyone know of any workaround?

Ingix

I don't think it's an iPad only problem. Have you tried turning the iPad into portrait mode for this interaction?

eliasZ

Yes. I have tried portrait and landscape, and I was not able to (reliably) make the button show in either orientation.

eliasZ

I have investigated this a little more, and found that I am able to click the "Ready" button if I use Chrome instead of Safari. I still need to pinch to zoom out, and click the button while I'm zoomed out, which is kind of awkward. But I am able to reliably do it, unlike in Safari.

eliasZ

Probably of interest to anyone reading this thread:

I mentioned this bug in the "general-chatter" channel on Shuffle iT's Discord server. Someone named tracer said this:

QuoteThere is a big UI overhaul in the works that will be simultaneous with the new expansion

QuoteI can't guarantee that the above will be fixed but there's a chance with that

QuoteThe new expansion is slated to print in January, so release late January or February

He said "the new expansion" refers to Allies.

So I am keeping my fingers crossed, hoping to see this fixed by February, even though that did not look like a definite promise.

eliasZ

In the Discord chat for this bug, ceviri said this:

QuoteIn the mean time, you could click on the green "light" next to your name to ready up.

Kstukenborg

I had this same problem and clicking the button next to my name (where it listed the players in the game) worked to "ready" or start the game and allowed me to play the game on my iPad with the chrome browser.

amagolay

I also have the same problem, but both on iPad Safari and also on Chrome on my Windows 10 laptop. It made it impossible to host a game.

SabineS

I have the same problem on my Android Samsung tab A tablet in Chrome, Firefox Focus and Samsung Internet browser.
The layout of the My/New Table screen is not ok. The Game Options and Players sections are very high, the Chat terribly short and the Ready etc. buttons are outside of the screen.
Please make dominion playable again.

Ingix

Can any of you posrt a screenshot of the problematic screen. Since I don't have a tablet I can play with, I can't recreate the situation and for the person doing the fixes it's best that they can see what's going wrong.