Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The biggest feature missing from Dominion  (Read 1204 times)

Offline Ingix

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: The biggest feature missing from Dominion
« Reply #15 on: 01 December 2017, 10:28:59 AM »
More human-readable explanation of all options (especially the autoplay options but also the regular options)
For example, "use autobuy" wasn't clear to me at all what it would do

Agreed. The "Matching" tab has 2 little "i"s, but I guess no newbie and few seasoned players know that klicking on them results in new browser tab with a forum post with some explanation. As far as I can see, this isn't done on any other tab either (with the exception of the "Leaderboard" tab, that has 2 buttons that lead to explanations).

Especially with the autoplay options there should be more explanation, (for example when you hover over it it explains it better "If you turn this on, Moat will always reveal when an opponent plays an attack card.)

Are you aware that (in the general autoplay options) klicking on the name of the option (the bluish card name on the left) you get to a page with some description? But that page has been rigthly critizied for being to formal.

Also, make automatically choosing a card when there's only one option optional. For me, it doesn't save time, most of the time i spend more time on being confused about what just happened then the time i would normally spend on just clicking the card.

What I don't know is if this is easily possible.

Offline ThetaSigma12

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05 December 2017, 01:57:09 AM »
I miss the mobile app of MF :(.

Offline bananny

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 15 December 2017, 04:56:57 AM »
I miss the mobile app of MF :(.

Me too.  That and their PC version were pretty awesome.

Offline version?  One I can keep, that I own, that won't be stripped away from me and held ransom for more money?

Offline Ingix

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 15 December 2017, 10:22:59 AM »
Disclosure: I'm a mod here, so my opinion is not unbiased.

I can totally feel your pain, and I even don't buy any games on Steam, because they can also be held to ransom, if Valve chooses (or simply screws up).

I totally agree that an offline version should be an option. Shuffle iT promised it, but didn't deliver yet, which I also find unfortunate. There are reasons, one possibly that the level of the AIs is 'not that good' at the moment, also known to the game's creators. There are (most probably) more reasons.

But it also remains true that we, who bought the Making Fun version, knew (or should have known), that we were at the mercy of their servers, and that there were probably licensing deals in the background (as there were), limiting the options Making Fun had. That means while you feel cheated (I know I did when I learned of the end of the Making Fun game), ultimately Shuffle iT is not responsible for that. But I know that that doesn't change the feelings.

But Shuffle iT are responsible for their promises and it is totally in your right to be upset about them, and to consider what you do with your subscription. I probably would have been upset the same if you told me about the current state (no offline version) a year ago. Despite this, I used the 'free year', first played a little, then started helping players with their rules/card/interface problems and now I try to help in testing in general. I like the new game, still think I see the problems, small and big. Some things were definitely better at Making Fun, but would I ever want to go back to playing without the 'undo' option? I don't think so.