Getting started

Previous topic - Next topic

drsteelhammer

Hello and welcome to ShuffleIT forum!

Here are the things you should know about:

1) There are some text commands available in-game on the new client. Those will be replaced by buttons at a later point:

/resign - Leads you to immediate loss and the end of the game.
/lobby - Allows you to leave the game as a spectator.
/bg 1...8 - Lets you choose one of the 8 the background pictures. /bg 0 is no picture.
/undo n - Lets you undo n actions
/undo - Shows little dots in the log at the beginning of each stroke. Clicking on one of them returns you to that state of the game.
/who - Shows you the names of playing/spectating people

2) Some things to keep in mind when you're playing:

- If you want to start a game, open a table wait for someone to join. If you want to play a bot, just open a two-player (or 3p) table and start the game.
- If you want to maximize a card and read what's written on it, right-click it. Left clicking purchases the card (in the buy phase).
- There is currently no visual representation of the Trash mat, Tavern mat or a place where your duration cards on opponents turns. If you want to see which cards are in the trash, scroll up the log to the very beginning.
- There are some actions such as calling reserves card that you have to do via the log. There will appear a blue line on the bottom of the log that you can click, if such an action is available to you.
- The client makes trivial decision for you (e.g. Lookout/Envoy revealing only Coppers).
- You can buy cards and events buy clicking on them during the buy phase. You will automatically play as many treasures as needed for this. Don't use this feature if you need to play another treasure afterwards (e.g Horn of Plenty), when you want to use multiple buys, when buying debt cards or for any other reason that makes you want to play more treasures than needed (e.g. Basilica). If you make a mistake using this, don't forget that you're able to /undo that.

3) If you want to report any technical issues you had, post it here with the device you have, the browser you play on and the name of the game (e.g. Frankfurt #138, it is written in the beginning of the game in chat).
If you spot a gameplay related bug, please post it here.
Important: If you're getting stuck, try refreshing the page. If you log back in, you'll get automatically back to your table. It may occur that you'll receive an error "already logged in". Just type in your username and password and click on the "kick" button instead of logging in. If the kick was successful, you can login afterwards and still get back to your game.

4) You can spectate any board you want (if the game is not closed for it) by clicking "Spectate" near the table you want to look at. Also, there is a chat where you can chat with the players and other spectators, unless the table settings forbid chatting between players and spectators. You can set your own preference in your personal settings. We recommend not forbidding any chatting during the beta, as it makes communication easier.

5) Here are some parts you should definitely test if applicable:

- There are still some issues with touch screen devices: right-click may not always work and dragging cards (e.g. Cartographer; Coin token slider) may cause difficulties as well. Please give us feedback about that if it's not working on your device.
- Some non-english characters may not work correctly on different browsers/devices.

If you have any further questions about getting started, please ask them here!

Tuuli

Quote from: drsteelhammer on 10 December 2016, 06:06:57 PM

- If you want to maximize a card and read what's written on it, right-click it. Left clicking purchases the card (in the buy phase).

- There are still some issues with touch screen devices: right-click may not always work and dragging cards (e.g. Cartographer; Coin token slider) may cause difficulties as well. Please give us feedback about that if it's not working on your device.

I am playing on a regular Macbook Pro and can't figure out how to right-click. The usual ctrl-click does not work, and neither does alt-click or option-click.

nacker

How can you invite a particular person to play, instead of just playing with whomever joins your table?

Stef

Quote from: nacker on 01 January 2017, 08:02:38 AM
How can you invite a particular person to play, instead of just playing with whomever joins your table?

We're still working on more convenient ways to do this.

Now the best thing to do is create a table and wait for them to join it.
One step to make it easier is adding each other as friends, because then on the "matching" tab you can see them and click "join".

Torvatn

How can I play with more than one bot? You write that I can start a table for 3, but for some reason, when I start a new table, it is impossible to set the minimum number of players to more than 2, so when i start a game immedeately,l as you write, I end up with play with only one bot. i prefer to play with two bots.

Stef

Quote from: Torvatn on 01 January 2017, 11:21:44 AM
How can I play with more than one bot? You write that I can start a table for 3, but for some reason, when I start a new table, it is impossible to set the minimum number of players to more than 2, so when i start a game immedeately,l as you write, I end up with play with only one bot. i prefer to play with two bots.

Sorry that's a bit strange but you can't get the minimum above the maximum.
So first put the maximum to 3, then the minimum as well. We'll get to that.

GaschoHH

Hello, i try to open a Table - Version 1.0.1 - i get the Message : A new Version has been released, please reload the Page.
What can I do now?
I refresh the Page , i log out, log in. I get no new Version, only 1.0.1.
Many Thanks!

Philip

Quote from: GaschoHH on 01 January 2017, 12:32:21 PM
Hello, i try to open a Table - Version 1.0.1 - i get the Message : A new Version has been released, please reload the Page.
What can I do now?
I refresh the Page , i log out, log in. I get no new Version, only 1.0.1.
Many Thanks!

A new version of the server was released to deal with some e-mailing issues. The client is still at 1.0.1, so if you refresh you should be good.

LaLight

Quote from: Tuuli on 01 January 2017, 03:55:33 AM

I am playing on a regular Macbook Pro and can't figure out how to right-click. The usual ctrl-click does not work, and neither does alt-click or option-click.

Hello! I an using 2-finger click.

GaschoHH

Ok, Thank you.
My Problem: I try to open a Tabe - i get the Message : New Version ... please reload ...

What exactly i have to do now ? I cant open a Table ...because allways this Pop Up Window will open ....

What exactly i have to refresh ?

Thanks again !

LaLight

Quote from: GaschoHH on 01 January 2017, 01:11:44 PM
Ok, Thank you.
My Problem: I try to open a Tabe - i get the Message : New Version ... please reload ...

What exactly i have to do now ? I cant open a Table ...because allways this Pop Up Window will open ....

What exactly i have to refresh ?

Thanks again !

http://forum.shuffleit.nl/index.php?topic=849.msg2140#new

GaschoHH

I Push Kick - Nothing Happens : Pop Up Window : Nothing to kick
The Same when i use Kick & Resign

I use a Macbook Air

OK SORRY - NOW it works  - dont know what i did wrong - Thanks a lot !!!

Great Work at all !!

Torvatn

This is probably a stupid question, but where can i see my rating?

jdcw

System Preferences > Trackpad > Point & Click > Secondary Click = Click in Bottom Right Corner
Works for me

Seprix

Control-click works just fine for me with the trackpad.