Number of games etiquette

Previous topic - Next topic

Phydeaux

Hi, I have only been playing against the AI so far, but I just started to try some human players.

What is the etiquette for how many games to play? Is it one and done? Is it proper to commit to three or five (or X) games?

Usually, when I jump on the site I've only got 15-20 minutes before I need to be gone. I don't want to offend anyone if the usual is to match up for an hour or so, you know?
-----
:Phy

santamonica811

Easy answer.  There is a chat function that is available when you're playing a game.  When you match with someone, just take 15 seconds right away, to write something like, "Hi.  Letting you know that I have only 15 minutes to play.  So, probably only one or two games [or whatever you want to write] before I have to leave.  Good luck!  :)"

There is absolutely NO ONE who will take offense that this.  (We human beings are, of course, busy from time-to-time.  And we all understand that others get busy.)  And since you've written this in advance, NO ONE will suspect you of being a bad sport when you, in fact, do leave after you've played your game or two.  (Ending with another message in chat, like, "Good game(s).  Hope to play you again soon." will quickly give you the reputation as a good sport, a good guy/gal, and a fun opponent.)

Easy peasy.