Game reconnecting constantly

Previous topic - Next topic

benlindorf

For the past week or so, I've had a consistent problem with the game reconnecting during game play if I take more than 5 seconds to take a turn.  I'm only playing against bots, so there isn't an issue with player delays.  In any given game, the game log shows that I've had to reconnect to the server 15-20 times.  Each time it reconnects, it forgets the move I just made, and I have to make the move again.  It breaks up the flow of the game and significantly undermines the pleasure of playing the game.  Any one else having this issue?  FWIW, it seems to happen regardless of which server I am using.  Username is same as here.

Ingix

I haven't heard anything similar via this or other channels. It seems like something between you and the server(s) is not working as it should. Did you change anything recently in your local network (added/removed WiFi, or something similar)?

giginedvin

I have this problem, and it is driving me crazy.  It will not allow me to play the game at all, because it is ALWAYS "reconnecting."   Anyone out there who can help?  I don't even know who to contact to fix this.

Ingix

What browser/OS are you using, and (roughly) where in the World are you located?

Dominionated

I'm having a similar problem today. When I log in, it immediately goes to "reconnecting" and "connected to gameserver", but stays there. I've tried using different browsers (Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome), and tried on two different computers. My wifi has not changed. I tied rebooting the computer, but same result. I can only conclude that it's something on the servers end.

clownabouttown

Same!  Just started this morning and is still happening.  I haven't been able to play at all.

Ingix

I have the feeling different problems are mixed up in this thread, mostly the Spinning Castle problem for the latest posters, which can be solved as follows.

In order to get out of the Spinning Castle problem, you need to open a private(Firefox) or incognito (Chrome) window , go to dominion.games, enter your Name and Password, but don't click "Login". Instead, click on "Kick and Resign" (small font below the "Sign Up" button). Then you should be able to login normally (no need for private/incognito tab).

clownabouttown

Well done, thank you!  This solved my problem.