Sorry about this but the UI changes are not good...

Previous topic - Next topic

HikeDog

The whole platform seems to have been screwed up.  For some reason, I'm unable to click an action.

artsfols

I think it will get there.

I like the Levels concept, and at first, it seemed wonky, but today the levels interface looked very nice.  You can see which ideas are introduced at each level, and the cards that incorporate that idea in their instructions.  Very nicely done.

I also noticed that the game results summary was tremendously improved today over yesterday.  It looked awful yesterday - good today.

The play seems a bit sluggish though, as others have noted. 

Part of the problem has to be the degree that an interface becomes intuitive - no change is going to be good.  I write software for truck dispatchers (among other users) and after they've used a particular program every day for years, it's almost a matter of tearing the old program from their bleeding hands before they will try something new.  Of course, this also works in our favour for dispatchers that have used our software for years.

I certainly wouldn't ditch this new effort but just stay tuned to the complaints.  Each complaint is an opportunity to make it just a bit better.
It's going to be fun switching to the gold level and using levels to ease my way into it.

One thing on levels.  The description indicates a parameter to set the lower bounds of the level for matching purposes.  But I haven't seen that parameter anywhere.  Where is it?

Rmanning07

Aye, freaking awful, cant even log in or interact with any buttons
Ps. Still love yall, hope to play soon. Xoxo

sm.sm

Chrome on iPad.
Right after the update it was almost unplayable: the game was getting really slow, after game ends the buttons are obscured.
Now I can not even lo in (nothing happens after I enter the user name and the password.

Ingix

Quote from: hairofthedog on 22 February 2022, 08:53:32 PM
I play a lot on my Android phone, but that seems to be a nightmare now (and the screen goes black when I finish a game.

At end of game the game loads the end-of-game screen, including some pictures. This takes a bit of time the first time it happens, so that explains the black screen in the mean time.

AdamH

Quote from: Ingix on 23 February 2022, 08:51:38 AM
Quote from: hairofthedog on 22 February 2022, 08:53:32 PM
I play a lot on my Android phone, but that seems to be a nightmare now (and the screen goes black when I finish a game.

At end of game the game loads the end-of-game screen, including some pictures. This takes a bit of time the first time it happens, so that explains the black screen in the mean time.

I'm getting a black screen for about 10 seconds, and it's not just the first game I play. An easy fix is to load this stuff when the game starts, or maybe you don't actually need pictures on the end game screen?

Elines

Please go back on the old ui, it is so laggy on my iPad and I can't see my exil.

Mysmasken

I'm not one to usually create an account on a forum (is that even a thing anymore, hello 2022!), but I took the time because I'm so very sad and upset. Dominion is my pass-time while I work. No, it doesn't affect my work, but it makes time pass quicker. I hadn't logged on in a few days, so I was quite surprised yesterday when everything looked different, but figured I could adjust to it... Until I got into a game. All these flashy cards swooshing across the screen, I really didn't need that. Or the lag that comes with it. Cards that don't fit on the screen anymore, and all over worse than before. Not everything needs a remodel or fix, I wish people would realize that.

So I finished the game, cause I didn't want to be rude and leave, but I've just been miserable all day :( I wish there was a way to still play the old version. As it stands now, I'll have to find some other pass-time online, because I have no desire to play this anymore. Too bad I got sucked into paying for another year of expansions, and I'm good until the end of the year. Feels like a waste of money now. Who would've thought this would happen?

Anyways, thansk for the years of fun, and sorry it came to this.

Ingix

Quote from: Elines on 23 February 2022, 01:29:24 PM
Please go back on the old ui, it is so laggy on my iPad and I can't see my exil.

When people say it's laggy that used to mean the server and/or the connection was slow. Now I guess (but of course you can correct me if I'm misinterpreting) people mean that their animations take too long. The default speed was the slowest IIRC. You can change that in the options, and even (persisting) during the game:

Quote from: Elines on 23 February 2022, 01:29:24 PM
I can't see my exil.

For now the tip when on mobile you can't see the most downward part of the screen is to disable the toolabr.

Ingix

Quote from: Mysmasken on 23 February 2022, 09:24:47 PM
I'm so very sad and upset. ... All these flashy cards swooshing across the screen, I really didn't need that. Or the lag that comes with it.

You can change the animation speed to much faster than was was the default, and you can even remove it completely (the fast animations speed in "None").

... Cards that don't fit on the screen anymore, and all over worse than before.

I haven't seen the "cards that don't fit on screen" error before, or read about it. Can you say under which circumstances that happens?

Too bad I got sucked into paying for another year of expansions, and I'm good until the end of the year. Feels like a waste of money now. Who would've thought this would happen?

I'm not sure what the policy is, or if there even is a policy. But I'll ask if you can be refunded if you say so. I can't promise anything, but it would seem reasonable to me.

mark1878

I want to congratulate the developers on making things better.

I would first note re lag - I suspect the card updater speed - pehaps the default should be none - or perhaps depend on how many games you have done - newbies get default slow anmd old hands get the fast one.

I mainly play on desktop as old and new was difficult for me on a large iPad.

The end screen has improved so that it is much nbetter than the original chnage - however the order by number of cards you have seems odd.

The trash, exile etc parts are much better than the old one having to chnage from the log and remeber to click back, the first new version was not 100% but they have fixed the bug of the window not disappearing.

When you have to see all your cards - to choose trashing etc is now OK, on the old version if you had many cards you could not see how many times you clicked on a type of card. The new version shows that although sometimes the card to click on does go to the back

JKRich

My thoughts on the changes: Fortunately my subscription ran out just before the changeover so I won't have to pay if it stays this bad. I've played several free(base) games to check out the changes. From how I learned the game IRL I like to play with 2-3 bot opponents. How the new version handles multiple opponents is just horrible IMHO. Instead of having each opponent's info box and deck/discard pile along the top, the info boxes are all along the left edge of the screen, placed above the Province/Gold piles. At the top, toward the center-right is shown a face down fanned out representation of the number of cards of the next opponent to play, although there's no labeling of who that is. You do not see their face down pile size labelled like before, nor the top card of their discard pile. Why would a supposedly improved game take away information? To the left of that is the traditional representation of the cards of the following player to play, with no representation for any other opponents. Then in between my turns there is this chaotic, disorienting shifting back and forth of piles, rotating to show the current player's cards-in-hand (only) towards the center-right, etc. and the info boxes continually shifting moving the box of a player who just plated to the bottom and others up (or to the right for the next to play).

Sorry but for me at least this is TERRIBLE. When I want to relax and play Dominion I don't want to have to think between turns "Who's playing? What's their score, deck size, etc.?" while lost in the chaotic shifting of information. There was absolutely nothing wrong with how this area of the game functioned before. Now it's awful. And again this is only playing the base game. I have no idea what other frustration I might find if I renewed my Gold subscription (subscriber since day 1) -- although I know I liked the old familiar cards idea, not because certain cards weren't familiar but because by labeling them as such I could avoid playing with more cards/card-shaped things I didn't like than the banned list allows by labeling things like Fool unfamiliar.

But still, I would likely renew if the way multiple opponents is handled goes back to how it was. As it is, I guess it's a good time to try and break my Dominion addiction. Oh, for me playing via Win10/Firefox, unlike what some others seem to have indicated the animation actually functions faster that before. Even the slowest option is way faster than before (I actually wish I could slow it down a little bit more). Thanks for reading this.

Steppe76

I am also a paying user. Since the new update i cant find so who plays with me. I wait for minutes but nobody enters. In times of the old version i found within seconds so to play with.
I love to play with blackmarket to learn how to play all other cards. Impossible now, or i cant choose a rated game.
But how i said - i cant find a partner to play with.
Thats stupid, it made much fun before, but i wont pay money for this game ver again. Totally unplayable.

Ingix

Are you using automatch to find a playing partner or do you make a table and wait for someone to join?

Using automatch is the method you are "supposed" to be using for that purpose, when making tables it is known (from the version before 1.6) that sometimes you get players immediately, sometimes you have to wait a long time.

To find out why you don't get automatched (if that is what you are using):

Can you post a screenshot of your automatch screen, with the full automatch details visible, like this:

If it only shows a shorter version, like below, clicking on the small triangle marked here will extend it:

Playing rated games with Black Market:
Due to ratings abuse, you can no longer have a rated game with preselected cards (like Black Market). OTOH, the new card pool level feature should allow you to do mostly what you wanted, step by step expand what cards you see in games. You can find detais here:

http://forum.shuffleit.nl/index.php?topic=5271.msg21590#msg21590

mermaidmelody18

I'm having issues of my own. The old version let me choose cards I liked and didn't like and now I can only have 5 disliked and 5 banned before it was unlimited. I don't like that they changed this. If someone knows how to have more than 5 disliked cards at a time okease help.