Order of cards in hand

Previous topic - Next topic

AdamH

I have card stacking on in-hand.

Let's say I start my turn with 5 Alchemists in hand. As I play them, I add more cards to my hand, some of which are not Alchemists. Some of these cards are added to the left of my Alchemists and some are added to the right of my Alchemists, so every time I go to click another Alchemist I have to search my hand to find it. I never used to have issues like this with the old client, and though I can't be sure because I can't go back and check, I think it was because newer cards in hand were always added to the right, so I had the luxury of at least being able to look to the left of my mouse cursor if I wanted to play more of the same thing. Whatever order it is now, well I can't figure out what it's trying to do. I feel like the order of my cards is just random now.

Please make it so that new cards added to hand are always on the right (or left, as long as it's consistent).

See, when people say "the new UI sucks, go back to the old one" I know that's not helpful, but I just don't see why the code for this had to be changed. Maybe it did, I don't know, but there are so many things that just worked or were intuitive before and the way it is now, it just doesn't make any sense. I don't see myself ever getting used to something like this and now it's just harder to play. When you change something about the UI, you have to think about if it's actually better for some tangible reason because when you change something it's more than just people complaining because they don't like change -- you lose all of the progress and reasons WHY it was the way it was, based on thousands of hours of people using the software. It's pretty clear that not many hours of actually using this software was put in before it was released and it shows -- so many little things like this are not just different, they are worse.

Ingix

I agree that having cards suddenly pop up where you don't expect them is bad. I think what happened is that there is some order for the cards in your hand, like you usually don't want Coppers, then an Action, then Silvers, then more Actions a.s.o.

If you play IRL and draw a card, you usually put it somewhere where it feels correct for you. Here the game has to decide what the "correct" place is, and uses strictly that order I mentioned above, and that may interfere (as you described) with what the player is trying to do at the moment.

I'll forward this, and there already was some disucssion about how to best handle this, but I can't recall the suggestion right now.

AdamH

The best way to handle it, or at least an improvement on what it currently is, would be to copy/paste the code from the old client and use it here.

When I play IRL and I want to play 5 Alchemists, I put 5 Alchemists on the table at the same time and draw 10 cards.