Creating Accounts

Previous topic - Next topic

sudgy

I haven't gotten my confirmation email yet so I can't suggest anything related to the game itself, but when creating accounts, pushing "sign up" doesn't give you any confirmation that you have indeed signed up.  I got kind of confused and pushed the button again (and it said my username was already taken), and I could log in after that.  It's just a little unclear that you have actually successfully created your account because nothing happens when you push the button.

LibraryAdventurer

Same exact thing happened with me.

Joseph2302

Philip

Just released a new client version (0.12.11) that gives you a "Signing up" message after you submit the form.

If everything goes correctly your account gets created and you will be logged in.

If your account cannot be created (e.g. because your username is already taken) you will get an alert box and be sent back to the signup form.

If you keep seeing the "Signing you up..." message, this likely means that your account is successfully created but there is a problem with sending the confirmation e-mail. We're still investigating what's going on there, but you should be able to login by refreshing the page and entering your account info. Your e-mail will however not be confirmed, so you won't be able to host games and stuff. Please post the username you signed up with here so we can activate it manually for now.

ehunt

username ehunt, had no problem signing up but can't get e-mail confirmed.

Stef

I just "confirmed" everyone who had an account but no confirmed email address.
Your email should now be set to 'sorry_confirming_is_broken'.

Right now you can't change it, and you can't (ahum) forget your password, but you should be able to start games

Cactus

I just tried creating an account with the user name "Cactus" ... I have the continuous "Singing you up" message and refreshing doesn't seem to have helped.

Philip

Quote from: Cactus on 11 December 2016, 02:05:45 PM
I just tried creating an account with the user name "Cactus" ... I have the continuous "Singing you up" message and refreshing doesn't seem to have helped.

Refreshing brings you back to the login page, right? You should be able to login with the username Cactus and the password you've chosen, but the account will not be activated yet (so you can spectate, but not host games).

Joseph2302

Quote from: Stef on 11 December 2016, 01:20:32 PM

Right now you can't change it, and you can't (ahum) forget your password, but you should be able to start games
I can now host games, however I only seem to have access to base set cards when hosting.
faust & Lotoreo as well only had access to base set cards

Mikey the great

I just made an account Mikeythegreat and had this problem with the signing up message and no confirmation email.

trazoM

I also have a new account, but no confirmation email. Name is trazoM, too.

RoCoJo

I also have a new account, but no confirmation email. Name is RoCoJo.

silby

Quote from: Stef on 11 December 2016, 01:20:32 PM

sadly I did forget my password (or, rather, the wrong password landed in my password manager somehow); would you be able to reset the password for account "silby"? Which is mine, I promise.