Game setup: Wizards pile isn't allowing Allies

Previous topic - Next topic

Socially Distant

Created a new table, and am manually selecting cards (full subscription, pool 10, so all expansions/cards are available). Trying to use a suggested set from the Allies instructions, in particular this one for Allies and Menagerie:

Wise Owls:  Architects' Guild, Way of the Owl • Barbarian, Marquis, Merchant Camp, Town, Wizards • Animal Fair, Black Cat, Bounty Hunter, Hostelry, Hunting Lodge

Since the Wizards pile contains "Student," which has the "Liason" type, I should be able to select an Allies landscape for the game. However, upon selecting the 10th card pile, the Allies are disabled (turn gray) in the "select cards" popup and can't be added to the game (this should presumably only occur if there are no Liasons selected, since Allies require at least one Liason in the kingdom). I can, instead, select the Allies first, and then select the desired cards, and avoid the Allies being disabled during selection, but in that case, once both players click "ready," we get a "too many cards" error.

In troubleshooting, I selected the suggested cards, then removed Wizards and replaced it with a non-split Liason pile (Broker), and the problem was solved.

Conclusion: it seems that the Wizards pile is not being recognized by the system as being "a Liason" during setup, when considering whether an Allies can be included.

Ingix

Thanks for the report, Socially Distant!

This bug has been mentioed elsewhere, and has been corrected on a test version of the game. When futher bug fixes have been accumulated, a new version will be made that will be put on the public server, which corrects this bug.