D plays 2 Coppers and a Silver. (+$4)
D buys and gains a Villa.
D puts a Villa into their hand.
D gets +1 Action.
D plays a Villa using Way of the Mole.
D gets +1 Action.
D discards 2 Estates.
D shuffles their deck.
D draws a Copper, an Estate, and a Junk Dealer.
D plays a Junk Dealer.
D draws a Copper.
D gets +1 Action.
D gets +$1.
D trashes an Estate.
D plays 2 Coppers. (+$2)
============
D draws 2 Coppers, a Silver, and 2 Estates.

I had expected to get an extra buy phase because buying the Villa had returned me to my action phase. Where I put the ===-line is where I should have been able to buy cards, but it just skipped it and continued to the clean-up phase.

I don't know whether this interaction is caused by Villa or Way of the Mole, the Junk Dealer didn't matter.

Ingix

What happened is that you got another buy phase, but you had no buy anymore!

You used up your initial 1 buy for the turn when buying Villa. Normally Villa gives you +1 Buy when you play it, but you used Way of the Mole on Villa, so it didn't happen in that game.

You are right, the Junk Dealer had nothing to do with that outcome. Buying Villa, and then not playing the Villa "normally" (like with a Way, or discarding it for a Vault, etc.) means you need to have another source of +Buy for that turn, in order to buy something.

Davio

Oh I hadn't really thought about that, I thought that a buy phase automatically came with a buy.

So using Villa as a way (most of the time) just negates the extra buy that you get. You'd think that the extra buy was tied to the buy phase while it's actually tied to the Villa.

Glad we got that cleared up.  :o

jeebus

Quote from: Davio on 24 March 2022, 12:25:12 PM
Oh I hadn't really thought about that, I thought that a buy phase automatically came with a buy.

So using Villa as a way (most of the time) just negates the extra buy that you get. You'd think that the extra buy was tied to the buy phase while it's actually tied to the Villa.

Glad we got that cleared up.  :o

Actually you start every turn with 1 Action and 1 Buy (and 0 coins). Moving to another phase during your turn never changes how many Actions, Buys and coins you have.