Shorter Timeout and Prevent Slowplay

Previous topic - Next topic

Boi_

When someone logs out, it takes i think an unnecessarily long time to wait for force resign. It could be half as long, nobody needs 5 whole minutes to make a turn.

Additionally, since the resignation timer is reset any time any action is done, like playing a copper and then undoing, its super easy to abuse. There are many ways this could be worked around, for example maybe a maximum turn length (if your turn takes more than 5-10 minutes altogether, you should just be able to force resign then, or maybe limit the number of undos in a game, etc.)

It's just frustrating that something like slow play could be so easily fixed but hasn't been.

dane

I can assure you that if one is using an old PC and it crashes for some reason (thankfully something that has only ever happened to me a couple of times), it can already be a challenge to reboot, login, start the browser, and reconnect to the website in time.  Shortening the period significantly would make it impossible.

Linc

The "old & slow computer" argument doesn't work with me.  A per-game timer of 10 minutes maximum or even a per-turn timer of 5 minutes maximum (instead of a per-click timer) is completely adequate.

Seriously... if your computer crashes TWICE in the course of ONE game then you need to resign anyway and figure out the computer problem before returning to a table.  I completely agree that the resign timer should accommodate a single slow restart, but not twice within a single game.