Bots play [KNOWN ISSUE]

Previous topic - Next topic

markus

Not sure, how much feedback you want on the quality of bots.

A very stupid thing he did was to trash his province when playing silver after sauna.
Frankfurt (some number before #211)

Philip

The current bot is awful and will be improved before launch. The issue of it trashing Provinces is known, but for sure it's helpful to report specific dumb things it does. I suggest we collect all the info in this thread.

Here are my personal notes so far:

Quote from: Philip

• Higher junker priority (right now Philosopher's Stone > Familiar).
  • Maximum own limit for certain cards (e.g. Counterfeit, Fortune, Junk Dealer, Bandit).
  • Prioritize treasure play order (e.g. Bank, Fortune last).
  • Increase value of Duchy when Duke is in the kingdom.
  • Don't play Storyteller as just a cantrip.
  • Reveal a card to Gladiator if it has a copy in hand.
  • Too conservative with terminals (e.g. buys just one Cutpurse when it plays Cutpurse-Relic BM).
  • Opens double Silver on a board with Marauder and no other attacks or meaningful terminals.
  • Plays Counterfeit as Copper, not trashing anything.
  • Buys Poacher over Silver when two piles are empty.
  • With two piles empty, 2 Alchemists and 3 Provinces left it thinks it's in "Late Building" and buys Poacher over Duchy.
  • Opens Mountebank/Nothing over Mountebank/Pawn.
  • Seems to ignore Peasant because it doesn't value the upgrades.
  • Opens Silver with 4 + Coin Token over Baker.
  • It should only spend coin tokens if it's actually going to use them.
  • It ignores the VP on the Temple pile (even if it contains 12, it prefers a Province).
  • Plays double Butcher-BM on a board with Butcher, Goons, Plaza, Bazaar, Caravan, Pathfinding, Plan.
  • Often Butchers Coppers into $2 cantrips.
  • Buys Silver over 2nd Familiar on T5.
  • Opens double Silver on a board with Black Market and Marauder.
  • First 3 $5 buys: Cultist, Patrol, Silver; should all be Cultists.
  • Opens double Silver on Courtyard, Lighthouse, Junk Dealer, Bandit Camp, Lost City, Relic, Soothsayer, Hunting Grounds. Buys a Bandit Camp (!) on T3 for $6 and another one on T4.
  • Opens double Silver on a board with Sea Hag and no other attacks.
  • Don't play/reveal with Amb if the cards are too good to pass.
  • Opens double Silver over Silver/Magpie.
  • Buys two Bandit Camps as its first two action cards, while Haunted Woods is also on the board.
  • Seems to overrate Bandit Camp, it counts a "bonus" of 2 and money of 2.2; in general it shouldn't rate both the money aspect and the other aspects highly at the same time. It now buys Bandit Camp over Gold when it has no other action cards.
  • Names Copper in response to Contraband.

arboretic

The AI buys potions and never seems to use them.

In game #16 on frankfurt-test, it bought a potion when the only potion-costing card was Golem, then when it had 4+P, it bought a Silver. I believe I've also previously seen it buy Silver over Alchemist.

LaLight

Quote from: arboretic on 12 December 2016, 10:28:51 AM

In game #16 on frankfurt-test, it bought a potion when the only potion-costing card was Golem, then when it had 4+P, it bought a Silver. I believe I've also previously seen it buy Silver over Alchemist.

Potion is useless :D

On a serious note: thanks, will take into consideration :)

arboretic

Game #20 on frankfurt-test: AI chooses to reveal a Copper to Gladiator instead of a Silver, when I have 7 Copper and 1 Silver in my deck.

Joseph2302

It ignores VP on the Defiled Shrine too. I got 11 tokens from Defiled Shrine yesterday

werothegreat

Quote from: LaLight on 12 December 2016, 10:31:51 AM
Quote from: arboretic on 12 December 2016, 10:28:51 AM

Potion is useless :D

On a serious note: thanks, will take into consideration :)

Got the same thing.  Bot bought Tournament over Alchemist at $4P when it didn't have any Alchemists yet, and already had at least one Tournament.  It opened Silver/Potion, and I don't think it bought a single Alchemist that game.

EarlS

I've also been noticing that the bot often picks up a potion on a 3/4 open that he never ends up using.

Another issue is that the bot doesn't seem to care much about embargo tokens. A couple of times, I've double-embargoed the gold pile on a board with no trashing, and the bot will still buy gold when he has $6, two curses be damned. Meanwhile, I'm building up virtual coin. I've fed the bot all 10 curses this way!

I've also noticed that the bot severely underrates traveller. I'm not sure that I've ever seen him pick up Page or Peasant, and those are often very useful cards.

(I keep editing this as I play)

I've also noticed that the bot will by an estate if it's near endgame, even when I have my Swamp Hag out. Estate + Curse = Two dead cards and no net points. This isn't some Gardens trick either pretty basic game.