When I start a table, my wife and friend can no longer join the table

Previous topic - Next topic

Willvon

My wife and our friend have been getting together on Wednesday evenings a couple of times each month to play Dominion. However, ever since the update, we have had trouble getting a game going. When I start a table, my wife and friend can no longer find me to join the table. I click on New Table, I set it up for 3 of us to play.  Then they click on Tables, and at first it is a blank page, then a few names load. My username is Willvon. So I would be at the bottom of any list of tables. However, when my wife tries to scroll down, after about 15 lines, the list goes blank. If you click in the Name box, nothing happens. You don't even see a cursor, nothing. You wait for several minutes with no change. Finally her keyboard appears, but she still can't type my username in there to find the table I created. Finally, it totally glitches and kicks her back out to the main page, and she has to start all over again.

What's the deal? What good is a subscription if we can't  even make a table to play together with our friends? We don't play competitively or to go up the leaderboard. We just want to play a few casual games of Dominion together. It has worked great for us for the past two years until the update. Can you please tell me what I need to be doing different to be able to start playing again? This is very frustrating.

Thank you for any help you can provide

Willvon

Ingix

In your situation, using the Tables view by your wive and friend is not a good way to do what you want to do.

Instead, all of you should declare each other as a friend in the Friend List (the menu item below Tables), by adding the others' names in the field at the bottom. That needs to be done only once.

Then, when you want to play and you are working on the table setup as usual, your wife/friend should go to the Automatch view, and look at the right side in the Friends pane. You will be listed there and they can join from there.

Since that view only needs to look at very few players (your friends) that view will update much faster (usually <1s) when something changes.

Technically, only your wive and friend need to declare you as their friend for this to work, but in case at some point somebody else does the setup, I suggest doing it mutally.

Willvon

Thank you so much for the explanation. We are going to give it a try tonight.