A bit of support

Previous topic - Next topic

SirDagen

Looks like your week-end is gone now. People with bug reports and requests everywhere.

If you need any emotional support yourself, please tell me so in this thread. To start off, let me just say that I really love the current state of your client and that I appreciate the wonderful small details and brilliant new ideas you put into it. It is so clearly visible that you love your work and care for its success. Also you have my compassion that you have to work with Javascript :)

With love and appreciation
Sir Dagen
Greetings,
SirDagen

Philip

Thanks a lot!

Personally I'm very happy with the responses so far. With there being less features ready than we'd have liked at this point, there is always the fear of disappointment and a backlash, but so far the responses have been very encouraging and it definitely fills me with energy :)

Quote from: SirDagen on 11 December 2016, 11:41:57 AM
Also you have my compassion that you have to work with Javascript :)

lol, thanks. I wish I could say it isn't that bad :D

Joseph2302

Quote from: SirDagen on 11 December 2016, 11:41:57 AM
Looks like your week-end is gone now. People with bug reports and requests everywhere.

If you need any emotional support yourself, please tell me so in this thread. To start off, let me just say that I really love the current state of your client and that I appreciate the wonderful small details and brilliant new ideas you put into it. It is so clearly visible that you love your work and care for its success. Also you have my compassion that you have to work with Javascript :)

With love and appreciation
Sir Dagen
Seconded. In general I think the client is better than I expected, and certainly better than the beta versions of the previous implementations.

Of course there's going to be bugs, but better to find them now rather than in live. So don't be disheartened by the number of bugs people like me find.

LaLight

Thanks a lot guys!

I am personally fine with your feedbacks, it's always better to have them :)

scOUT

I just came here to say hello and thank you for your effort put in this project. Watching the stream yesterday and what my eyes got to see, made me happy. :)

Cheers!

limetime

Lol i thought this was technical support board a not emotional support board.

derg17

I really LOVE what you guys have done. Really great work. I can tell you care about your work and have gone to length to put together a high quality product. That's the phrase that keeps coming back as I play, high quality. I love to see Dominion feel professional.

I love that you include so much of the great artwork. Dominion has some great art and I like how incorporated so much of it to make it visually appealing.

Perhaps we should have a thread somewhere for positive feedback? That people won't ignore because they think it's for tech support?

LaLight

Quote from: derg17 on 12 December 2016, 03:52:59 PM
Perhaps we should have a thread somewhere for positive feedback? That people won't ignore because they think it's for tech support?

Good point. Done.

werothegreat

Positive thing: games are so much more interesting (especially base-only ones) with the removal of the first edition dud cards.  It just feels... better.

ravi

Positive. I was playing on my iPad against a bot. But I got frustrated by not being able to right-click the cards. I didn't quit out or resign the game, but my iPad went to sleep. Then I logged in on my computer hoping to start a new game. To my surprise I was put right in the middle of my game I left on the iPad. This was super cool.

Bbl

I wanted to stress out the amazing stability of the new Client, even when being used on a train. Where MF loses connection all the time, the new Client continues to run like a clockwork. I also really appreciate the way you put a spotlight on all the beautiful Dominion art.

Great work!

MVoltaire

My Macbook fan doesn't go up to 3000 rpm anymore as it did with MF.
Also I like the layout much better already, everything has a high resolution.
And one can see that you put effort into resolving people's problems and take into account their wishes!

Thank you, great work! :)

Davio

My feelings are generally positive and I'm glad there's a place to mention this. I don't want all my posts to be bug reports / missing features / annoying UI stuff etc... :)

Overall I'm pretty happy with the client and most of the stuff that I'm reporting is just implementation details.

markus

I really enjoy playing with this client as well.  :D
Having new cards available is definitely a big plus.  ;)
But even just in terms of the interface, I already like it more than the old one - and I'm optimistic about future improvements.