City state doesn't play correctly

Previous topic - Next topic

timosoren

Just played two game with city state.

When it plays the action card IE Swashbuckler.  it thould say drew 3 cards, gained a coffer (if discard pile has something in it.)

It fails this everytime.  Does NOT reduce the draw pile.  DOES NOT give coffers with appropriate.

Ingix

Thanks for the report, timosoren.

I looked at your recent game with those cards, which I assume you are referring to. Each time you played Swashbuckler with City-State, you had cards in the discard pile, true. But you also had less than 3 cards in your deck each time.

That means that when Swashbuckler actually checked if you have cards in the discard pile, which is after you draw the 3 cards it gives you, it found none, as you had to shuffle your discard pile into your deck to allow you to draw 3 cards!

That's why you didn't get a Coffers.

Also, it drew the 3 cards each time I replayed the situation. Now, considering that you were playing it each time from buying Swashbuckler, there is not much you could do with the drawn cards afterwards. You had no extra buy and could not play any more Treasure cards (which you cannot do without explicte effect after buying things).

So the next thing the game did after drawing the 3 cards was discarding your hand in Clean-up and drawing your next hand. The act of drawing 3 cards for Swashbuckler, then discarding all + drawing 5 cards for the new hand was clearly recognizable at "normal" animation speed, but when I tried the fastest animation setting, it all went by in an instant.

So depending on your animation setting you may not have been able to actually witness the drawing of the 3 cards as separate action.