Very poor resolution in Chrome but not in Firefox

Previous topic - Next topic

Texasdell

Since last night, the resolution has been very poor in Chrome. The cards are so blurry, it's torture to play. I cleared cache and cookies and updated Chrome and that did not help. Things look fine in Firefox, but I prefer Chrome, so that is not really a solution.

Ingix

Can you say on what device you are seeing that? There have been multiple reports about (different) problems with Safari, but nothing like this. I made a quick check on my windows PC, where everything was as smooth as with Firefox, no blurryness.

santamonica811

I had this same dreadful experience yesterday, but *with* Firefox.  By using Ctr-scroll wheel on my mouse, I was able to adjust the font size, and with some experimentation, allowed me to see the cards fairly clearly.  But this was out-of-the-blue and nothing I'd experienced before re Dominion.

Ingix

Thanks for the insight, Josh. Now I could reprocude the problem!

Browsers allow people to choose a scaling factor for websites, so that they can see more content (but smaller) at once (< 100%), or less content (but then with bigger text, > 100%). Ctrl-Mousescroll is the usual way to do that on devices with a mouse, AFAIK, and if the scaling isn't 100%, you usually see it at the right side of or near the browser address bar.

It used to be that doing this had no effect on Dominion online, except that the player names got bigger.

Now apparently the changes released with Seaside 2E make this no longer true. If you increase the scaling, the blurring happens and starts to be noticable at 200% for me and reaches the "really, really bad" state at 400% (for me, of course this is subjective). You can see it here at the maximum of 500% that Firefox allows me to do with scrolling.

I guess the cards are rendered at 5 times less the normal resolution, then scaled up.

So at least for now it looks like the way to change this is to scale the site back to 100%.

santamonica811

Ingix,
The problem with your suggestion is for the (many?) people who are older and/or have poor vision.  Having type at 100% is a non-starter for many people . . . they simply can't read type that is that small--even if it's perfectly crisp and sharp.

Hopefully, there will eventually be a workaround for this.

Ingix

This scaling is something that the browser keeps separate for every website you visit, at least on PC (which I can test, not sure what happens on a mobile device).

So this is something that can be changed just for this website, not for everything you use (again I'm not sure if this works differently on mobile devices).