Card Counts not updating for victory or standard treasure cards

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveDude

Hi

I am finding the the card counts and the standard treasure cards, i.e. gold, silver copper are not updating when cards are purchased.  Generally other kingdom cards are working as expected.

With a card like province it doesn't update from 8 to a different number until there is a single province left.

I am seeing this with version 1.6.3.2 when running on Safari on MacOS.

Ingix

Thanks for the report!

Yes, on Safari some problem where reported, including card counts not updating or not even showing at all. This will be worked on, the an ETA of which is still unknown.  :(

YooperJake

FYI: not sure if there is another main topic for this, but I've been having this problem for the last ~week.

Some more details, if helpful...

Browser:  Safari Version 15.4 (17613.1.17.1.13)

For me, it's all the piles, not just certain piles.  Nothing updates.  Glad to hear that switching to Chrome for a while may be a fix, will try it.

Update:  Chrome seems to work without issues.

doncjesuis

I too am seeing this with Safari, and it's not just for victory cards and treasures, it's also for card counts in the supply.

Ingix

Thanks for the reports. The problems are known and investigated, but I can't say when a fix will be available.

kencheeto

Hi, just chiming in that I'd love for this to work - it used to work fine on macOS/Safari when I was playing ~5 months ago but is a quietly (and pretty severely) broken experience now!

ceviri

This will be fixed in the next patch (prosperity 2nd editions). In the meantime you can try the beta build on acceptance.dominion.games - it should have the fix for this issue.

blamelewis

I've a workaround - resize the safari window much smaller, then drag it out to normal size - this seems to force a redraw of the page and updates the counts.

Still be nice for a fix to come though!

ceviri

Is this still happening? There should've been a fix to this issue that came out yesterday, and testing on my own macOS/Safari seems to show that the issue is resolved.

If it's still happening, could I get a game id? The issue was kingdom-specific, last I checked.

blamelewis

Still happening - Screenshot attached - game ID 103710745 in Ohio - started that just now with a bot

Thanks
Tim

ceviri

That's really strange. Can I confirm what version of Safari you're using?

blamelewis

Latest AFAIK - v15.5. It's a MacBook Pro 16" 2021 running MacOS 12.4

Thanks
Tim

Alabaster

bog

FWIW, I see this issue on my new M1 MacBook Pro, but not my older Intel (with same version of Safari on both). The counts don't update properly in piles or in hand (or the deck) unless they get to below 2 in the stack.

Snowdrop

I have this issue too. I have pinpointed it to be only victory and treasure, and only in the columns (a treasure or victory that is in the board with actions still updates normally) and it is ONLY with colony games.

if I refresh the game, the count updates, but that is annoying to do every turn, loses the chat and all, and especially since now after a few times it starts asking you if you actually want to refresh/rejoin the game.

If there was a way to just not play colony games I'd be okay with that, but I couldn't figure out how to turn that off in automatic.

Is this still being worked on, or if this a different issue than what was already fixed?

corto1maltese

Quote from: bog on 23 July 2022, 07:14:47 AM
FWIW, I see this issue on my new M1 MacBook Pro, but not my older Intel (with same version of Safari on both). The counts don't update properly in piles or in hand (or the deck) unless they get to below 2 in the stack.

Second that, all card counters are not refreshed till 1 remaining card on my M1 MBP w/ macOS 15.6 - Safari 15.6
No issues on iOS / iPadOS, beta macOS 16 on intel iMac.

mbsq

Any ETA on this?  It's been a problem for me for a few months.

Ingix

There is a new UI version in the works that is still being tested by the usual testers, then will at some time become public for testing, before (hopefully) going live later (with fixes to problems found).

There are still lots of issues with it, so the pulic test will likely not be immediate. I brought up this problem again to make sure it is being addressed.