Glitch after playing Beggar

Previous topic - Next topic

nibbit

Played Beggar, gained 3 coppers, system locked up on me. Couldn't buy cards, End Buy button did not appear, had to resign. Game #101923905

Ingix

Thanks for the report!

On reload it works, but in recent times there are more of those "unexplainable" lockups than before  :(

dane

I'll add another weird lockup, not so that it can be investigated (I'm sure it can't), but just to add to the mystery...

I had to make two discards (if I recall correctly it was because of a Dungeon played on the previous turn), but after I had selected the two cards and clicked on 'Confirm', I found myself still facing the 'Discard two cards' prompt but unable to do anything.  Working on the assumption that my browser was to blame, I refreshed the page.  I was somewhat puzzled to find myself now looking at a screen that mentioned an undo request, but before I could decide what to do (I was busy sending a chat message to my opponent to explain that the delay was because I didn't know what my browser was doing), my opponent accepted it, and I now found myself back in the buy phase of my previous turn.  An exchange of chat messages with my opponent revealed that he had received a request to undo 15 steps!  Fortunately he could remember not only what I'd bought on that turn but also what he'd done on his turn, so we were able to play through to the point at which I had to discard two cards at the start of my next turn again.  This time there was no problem.

Maybe this experience indicates that there is a bug in the client that is very dependent on what has happened previously.  Perhaps something like a memory management bug.