Creating a Table and Automatch

Previous topic - Next topic

leafyscreen

I'm a bit confused on how Creating a Table and Automatch work together. Or do they not work together?

For example, if I create a table and then go to Automatch, will my table be the game played?

Or does automatch just match players based on rating and levels?

If I create a table, is the only way people can join me is by looking at the tables and electing to play my game from there?

I seem to recall under the old interface, I could create a table and other players would join via automatch. If I create a table now, it seems as if I can't ever get other players to join.

Ingix

AFAIK, automatch never looked (and doesn't look now) at tables created.

Automatch is for getting fast access to a pool of players, with almost no kingdom customization (right now the only possible such option is to have extra 2nd Edition cards).

Tables are for customizing your kingdom, but you will either need to wait for random player(s) to drop in, or arrange with some player(s) to join your table beforehand.

QuoteOr does automatch just match players based on rating and levels?

If I create a table, is the only way people can join me is by looking at the tables and electing to play my game from there?

Yes to both.

Note that in the automatch tab you have a "friends" pane at the right, where you can see your friends, if they are logged in. You can join their games and ask if they want to play with you afterwards, for example. That is also how I and the players I regularly play with "come together". We usually chat on discord, then one makes a table, that the other joins from the automatch tab/friends pane.

leafyscreen

Thanks.
It just seemed that under the old interface, I was able to create games and almost every time someone joined quickly. It even happened when I set up games for friends and before they joined someone else did and I had to kick them.

Ingix

Yes, this seems to happen from time to time, I assume players are lurking in the tables tab and look for new games, then join one.