Can undo other players' actions [SOLVED]

Previous topic - Next topic

Joseph2302

Using the /undo command, you are able to undo actions that other people took on the turn before you.

For example, if you do 1 action, then use command /undo 2, it undoes your actions, plus the buys from the previous player's turn.

I was on game #397 on frankfurt-test, did it at the start of my turn 7, and faust had to rebuy his turn 6 cards.

Tried to again on game #400 on frankfurt-test, used /undo 20 to revert the game all the way back from turn 7 to turn 3

drsteelhammer

Yes you can undo everything for testing purposes, it will be different live (please be kind to your testing opponents!)

Joseph2302

Quote from: drsteelhammer on 11 December 2016, 02:34:37 PM
Yes you can undo everything for testing purposes, it will be different live (please be kind to your testing opponents!)
Okay thanks. I assume in live you'll only be able to undo your own actions?

Martin plays Piano

I will re-open this thread, because there are other options to misuse the undo-button - not reflecting the opponent's turn (that might be solved), but your own one.

Eg. Pirate ship - you can try an attack, the attack failed (you get no additional pirate coins), so you press undo and play the profit instead. Quite nice, but not realistic and of course unfair.

I didn't try it so far, but it seems to be obvious, that all actions where you are making a guess (wishing well, mystic etc.) or with revealed next cards (minion, cartographer) can be undone as long as you find the best solution.
You can draw 3 cards, ok, nothing in, so put them back with undo and play another card, if any.

So undo should have some rules, however this has to be defined  - but uncovered cards shouldn't be withdrawn, especially not when the ranking and leaderboard stuff is coming up.

Watno

Trying to undo brings up a window for your opponent asking for permission, so abuse shouldn't be possible.
In the future, there will be settings that disable undo completely for actions that revealed new information.

Martin plays Piano

ok, thx to both of you.
My observation with the undo's was with bots games - and I think they are not asked for permission, if you want to undo your turns ... :D