Can we get a play all supplies button? This should be a no-brainer.

Previous topic - Next topic

HonkeyFresh

From another FDS thread http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=20583.msg858250#msg858250

Especially when people stack these all the time, it really slows the game to play them individually one at a time. And if there's undo's or changeling it's almost unbearable.  Literally the biggest no-brainer in the history of the Earth.  At a bare minimum could we get an under-the-card autoplay option to always play all supplies that we could turn off in the rare game where its not wanted (maybe wall end game or your opponent has a monkey in play etc-- but these are a rare exception to the 99.9% of the time where we all want to play every supplies we are lucky enough t draw.

Oh and it's undervalued too.  Like it's better than silver. Probably should cost 3 too.

I have mentioned this to 1000's of players since supplies was incepted.  All but one were like "fuck yeah that's awesome". and one person ever was merely ambivalent either way.

Ingix

Thanks for the suggestions in the different posts today. They all are discussion worthy! I like some more than others, but that's normal.

HonkeyFresh

Quote from: Ingix on 30 June 2022, 10:43:15 PM
Thanks for the suggestions in the different posts today. They all are discussion worthy! I like some more than others, but that's normal.

Oh they are a collection of posts of the years.  Some of them I like more than others too. :P

and some of them are off-the-cuff ideas that are half-baked   8) but hopefully food for thought!

HonkeyFresh

I have another half baked idea from another thread I made extolling the gospel of supplies.  It's not really a feature request but might as well put it down here fwiw.

Supplies is so much better than silver that it's almost criminal

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=21268.0

Supplies is so much better than silver that it's almost criminal
« on: June 03, 2022, 05:31:06 pm »
ReplyQuoteModifyModifyRemoveRemove+1 Show voters
BREAKING NEWS!  SUPPLES IS BETTER THAN SILVER!

Well not breaking news at all.  Any Dominion player 45+ already knows this.  In any game where supplies is on the board you almost know your opponent isn't to smart when they open silver over supplies.  And if you are lucky enough to draw a 5/2 on a board with supplies you are pumped as you have a significant advantage there if there is any decent 5.

The top decking of multiple horses is just bonkers AF. Most games with good players devolve into a race to see who can get the most supplies and that person usually wins those games. I'd love to see one of our stat nerds pull that data out of the Dominion Analytics stuff. Also maybe how often supplies are bought over silver.

It is in fact so strong that I would recommend a tweak to any second edition version of Supplies that it costs 3 and Silver costs 2 when supplies are in the kingdom.

And people would STILL buy supplies over silver in that alternate reality, which just goes to show you how ridiculously better than silver supplies is.