What cards/sets are in the Core Subscription?

Previous topic - Next topic

bprush

All I could find in the Store is the statement that the "simpler half" of the cards are included.  Is that half the cards in every set?  Or is that half the sets?  In either case, exactly which cards or sets are included?  Sorry if that was listed somewhere and I just missed it, but I did look around for a while.

Ingix

On the Automatch screen, click on the "View Card Pools" button:

The existing Dominion cards have been put into 10 levels, with level 1 being the base game. Level 2 contains more cards that are relatively simple. Starting at level 3, each level will introduce one or more new concepts. For example level 3 contains Duration cards and cards giving you a choice (like Steward).

The idea is that all sets contain a mixture of simple and more complicated cards (though some sets lean towards either side). It makes sense to learn how e.g. Duration cards work, and have simple versions of them available at one level, instead of being behind different expansions.

To answer your question: The Core subscription contains all cards from levels 1-5.

bprush

Thanks, that partially answers my question.  But I still wonder:
(1) Do those levels 1-5 contain at least some cards from all expansions?  If not, which expansions are not represented at all?  E.g., are some of the later expansions considered so complicated that all cards are in levels 6+?
(2) Do levels 6+ contain at least some cards from all expansions? If not, which expansions are not represented at all? E.g., is the base game considered so simple that all cards are in levels 1-5?
(3) Is there any way to see which cards from which expansion are included in levels 1-5?  E.g., I'd like to know which Prosperity cards are available if I got the core subscription.  (Other than looking at the tiny icons, which are hard to see even on my 28-inch monitory.)
(4) If I set up a game after getting either subscription, will there be a way to choose cards from a specific expansion?  E.g., if I want to set up a game with only cards from Prosperity will there be a button to click to only show Prosperity cards?

Btw, if the answers to either (3) or (4) are "no", that should *really* be changed.  As a programmer I know that would be very easy to set up, so it's just a matter of someone choosing to do so.

Ingix

(1) Looking through the levels, it seems like Alchemy is the only expansion without representation in levels 1-5. Potion cards are at level 10.

(2) I'm not sure, I assume the early expansions except Alchemy are mostly in the 1-5 levels.

(3) There is no feature that says "Show me all cards from expansion X and card pool level Y". So you'll have comb through the screens and look for yourself, unfortunately, if you want that kind of information.

(4) The kingdom selection screen can filter what it shows via expansion or via card pool level (but not both at the same time). Since you get only shown cards you have access to, that means selecting Prosperity cards will show you all Prosperity cards you can use.

dominion10101

Quote from: Ingix on 19 August 2022, 05:57:56 PM

(3) There is no feature that says "Show me all cards from expansion X and card pool level Y". So you'll have comb through the screens and look for yourself, unfortunately, if you want that kind of information.

Hello. Thank you for the explanation, it helped me to understand which cards are included in my core package. What I do not understand however is why there is no such feature - or even simpler, a feature that returns all cards included in my core package as one long (exportable) list, such  that I could feed it into a set generator. Because with the old subscription model, the silver package allowed for tons of fun for players like me who do not play that often - as sets could easily be generated by choosing the 7 included packages (basic game, seaside etc.). Now however there is no easy way to create sets anymore as set generators don't know this level 1-10 distinction dominion.games introduced.

(Or am I missing something here? = If anyone knows a set generator capable of accounting for my silver subscription I'd be super glad.) Thanks.

EDIT
alright, I just learned that dominion.games has an ingame-setgenerator which is extremely simple - just not choosing any cards when creating a table and then clicking "ready". for some reason neither me nor my 3 friends who've been playing for 1,5 years knew this was a thing. which for now seems to solve my problem (and seeing that nobody else complained about it, the set generator seems to be alright).