Elder doesn't work with Courtier

Previous topic - Next topic

AdamH

Game #108324551 Turn 12

I played Elder, which played a Courtier, revealing a Vampire. Vampire has 3 types, I expected to get 4 things from Courtier but I only got 3.

Ingix

Thanks for the report! On replay, I could choose 4 options without a problem.

Maybe you were confused by the "Done Choosing" button appearing after 3 choices? But even then you can still select the remaining 4th option.

AdamH

I see the problem, it's the counter on the "done choosing" button -- Courtier "requires" you to pick 3 but Elder's additional option is not required. The counter on that button counts down the required picks but it just doesn't look like you can pick another option.

So this isn't a bug, it's just an interface issue -- until I was told that I could pick that fourth option anyways, it looked like I couldn't even pick it. I think the counter should have the maximum allowed options on it rather than the number of required options. Or maybe a range if you can get that to look good?

Ingix

The counter does say "3+" (and counting down) instead of just the normal "3" for Courtier --> Vampire. Just when it would be zero it changes to "Done Choosing", with no difference to the normal case.

That the 4th button remains with full text is a clue (but not a very good one) that you can still click it.