Issues logging into client this morning

Previous topic - Next topic

theWalrus

So I thought I would report this, along with my theory, and see what you think.

This morning, I was scheduled to play my Dominion Online Championship match; I was paired with someone I've never played before, and was running a few minutes late. He IM'd me on Discord, telling me that he'd created a table and sent me an in-game friend request so that I could join the table.

When I went to login to Dominion, I got the login screen, but when I clicked the Login button the screen just kept saying "Loading game..." and doing nothing. After about a minute, I Kicked, and then Kick & Resigned; still nothing. Eventually, a "Nothing to Kick" message appeared. An "Invalid Session Id" message also appeared occasionally.

I tried using a different browser to login, but got the same "Loading game..." message.

Eventually, on my initial browser, it loaded me into the client, but when I went to look for the user's table, the table was not in the list of tables. And after about 30 seconds, it kicked me out to the initial screen, after which I continued to get the "Loading game...." message.

I asked the user in question to kill the table; my theory, probably wrong, was that I was somehow unable to resolve his in-game friend request, and that was keeping me from logging in/finding the table?

Anyway, he did that, I was able to log in, I was able to find the table, and we played our game.

May have been coincidental that him killing the table and creating a new one is what fixed everything. I rarely have any trouble logging in, and I play all the time, so the events of this morning and the 17 minutes it took me to log in was very unusual. I'm will to help try to recreate the scenario if you need.

Thanks!

Ingix

You weren't the only one with this problem. "Loading game" taking a long time or never succeeding. Players suddenly getting kicked from their tables and only slowly able to come back.

Maybe the tables were indeed the problem, but I think it's too early to tell what it was.