Maroon not always drawing the correct number of cards

Previous topic - Next topic

prehensilemullet

I was playing a game with Maroon with the Inherited Trait.  When I played Maroon trashed a Rope (Treasure + Duration) I expected to draw four cards, but it only drew one.  I'm pretty sure I hadn't drawn my whole deck.

Don't have the game number and server because I went hunting for how to report bugs after I had closed the game.  If there were a report bug button in the game, we would not have this problem.

Ingix

Thanks for the report! If you give me your in-game name (maybe via private message), I can look at your games and (hopefully) locate the one in question. During a check in a new game (inherited Maroon trashing Rope), I did draw 4 cards. But there might have been something going in your game that made the problem appear.

prehensilemullet

I tried to reproduce it but can't figure out how to assign traits to specific cards?  My dominion online name is jedwards1211.

Ingix

I'll see if I can find your game, but first how to individually assign Traits to cards:

If you choose a Trait, the card will contain a small card insert with a Dominion card back and and a die on it (symbolizing that the choice is random right now). If you click on that card insert, the first time the normal "card selection window" will disappear and if you click it again, it will reappear and the card insert will have a yellow glow:

You can then select the card you want to go with the Trait, here the 3 starting letters of "Maroon" are enough to limit the selection to the card you want.

This interface is used whenever one card needs another card or pile to selected to work with it, like Young Witch needs the bane pile and Way of the Mouse needs the Mouse card. The "yellow glow" will indicate what card you are choosing a card/pile for, and the card selection will be limited to the allowed potential values (e.g. it will remove pure Victory cards for selection for Traits).

Ingix

I found your game (#113694111, there was only 1 with Inhertited Maroon), and what happened was that 4 times in that game you had almost drawn your deck before you played Maroon, with exactly 1 card left in your draw pile and 0 cards in the discard pile. That means while you attempted to draw 2 or 4 cards, resp., you simply could only draw 1 card, as there were no more cards to draw.